Job descriptionOUR CLIENT IS A WELL KNOWN SKINCARE BRAND AND THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A STRONG SENIOR DIRECTOR OF SALES, WITH SEPHORA AND ULTA SELL IN EXPERIENCE AND MUST LIVE IN LA.
The Sr. Director will be responsible for growing overall sales (sell-in and sell-thru) for national accounts and the professional business. The successful candidate will be a seasoned sales leader that is highly strategic, but able to shift gears to support the tactical needs of the sales organization. This is a critical leadership role requiring a driven individual who can work autonomously as well as cross-functionally with key departments throughout the company. This position will report directly to the VP of Sales and Education – North America. The Sr. Director is an integral part of the leadership team and will work closely with the VP in building innovative sales strategies for growth within both the retail and the professional channels.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Actively lead an account management team for retail accounts and professional accounts. – working closely with the account management team and the account merchant/planning teams to develop and manage budgets, stock plans, sell-through strategies, returns, et al to ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual targets are met
• Manage P&L by channel of business
• Assure strong growth in existing channels with a focus on Ulta and Sephora but to include the professional business.
• Develop strong partnerships with key retail and professional accounts
• Assure SKU planning and analytics for all channels and liaise with sales operations for precise forecasting and execution.
• Work closely with trade/retail Marketing on retailer calendar(s) and promotional activities to include: Visual merchandising, Sampling, Digital strategy, Retail events/trade shows
• Provide feedback to the product development team on products and innovation ideas.
• Provide strong leadership and set an example for the rest of the team; able to build winning teams
• As a leader and key member of the team, drive a collaborative work environment and lead by example with a player/coach mentality. Maintain a collaborative approach with direct reports and peers and focus on developing talent with a decisive yet inclusive and motivational style.
• Attend regular calls and meetings with buyers and merchants across all key retailers.
• 8+ years relevant beauty industry work experience.
• Strong track record building strategic relationships and influencing retail partners; Must have experience with Sephora and/or Ulta
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to articulate business and organization vision and strategic priorities
• Outstanding leadership qualities, strength and proven results in mentoring and elevating teams, and proven ability to lead and coach are required.
• Proven, successful sales track record in cosmetic industry.
• Self-motivated and flexible; able to adapt quickly to change.
• Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with sales, marketing, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain.
• Must be proficient at Excel and Power Point
• Strong presentation skills
• Expertise in sales analysis and strategic planning; fluent in the financials.
• Ability to analyze and manage a budget.
• Builds accountability and inspires the team by molding a culture that embraces winning and success and creates possibility. Must know how to inspire and empower team members. An executive who knows how to make a positive impact on culture and team is necessary
THIS ROLE IS NOT A FIELD SELL THRU ONLY MANAGEMENT JOB