Our client is a well-known high growth skincare line that is looking for a new Senior Manager, International Key Accounts and Trade Marketing to join their team!
Reports to: CSO
Location: Remote on the East Coast or Mid West
Sales Strategy and Performance:
1. Develop meaningful and impactful relationships as the account director and daily contact for
retail partners. Act as a liaison between internal and external partners, providing retailer insight
and feedback to cross-functional teams in order to optimize support and cater to the specific
needs of each retailer.
2. Responsible for strategy and sales performance of the Retail Channel. Lead, plan, and execute
brand strategy within markets to fulfill company objectives and accomplish sales goals, including: launch plans, category ownership, and differentiation strategy.
3. Develop and drive 360 launch plans, in accordance with brand innovation calendar; curate
market decks to include timing by region and unique retailer activations. Negotiate support with
retail partners (both brand driven and retailer driven support levers), confirm launch dates and forecasts, and align on timelines for supporting deliverables. Provide efficient and timely
updates and deliver required launch assets on schedule.
4. Oversee maintenance of a detailed Marketing Calendar to track 360 launch plans, core franchise support, key retailer moments, brand exposure, and sales performance year-over-year; analyze launch and monthly performance by market to optimize strategy based on findings and results, identifying areas of opportunity and risk.
5. Utilize NPD timelines provided by cross-functional teams to determine attainable launch dates
based on individual retailer timelines. Communicate launch timing to internal teams; offering up
to date, transparent information to facilitate cross-functional planning and support plans. Partner internally to ensure on-time delivery of supporting launch documents and assets: brand
presentations, regulatory requirements, product set-up forms, retailer comps, product copy,
visual merchandising, sampling, social and digital assets, and education materials.
6. Oversee multiple retailer product assortments across two sku variations, monitoring nuances in compliance and regulatory restrictions by market, and ensuring optimal assortments for brick & mortar and dotcom by retailer.
7. Drive social and digital strategy, delivering assets that reflect the accurate assortment for each retailer; audit websites to advance the brand’s digital optimization strategy through providing current copy, assets, and brand content to help establish global cohesion to promote brand awareness, messaging, and increase market share.
1. Lead trade marketing initiatives, collaborating with internal teams on comprehensive plans that
support meaningful launches, category ownership and continued core product support. Tailor
strategy driven by Key focus accounts to meet the needs of each ancillary markets/accounts,
while supporting a consistent global brand voice and upholding universal brand priorities. Partner with retailers to ensure excellence in execution.
2. Compose briefs for content requests to support retailer activations and tie to brand priorities
(visual merchandising, social and digital assets, interview and PR requests, etc.). Manage timelines from brief submission to retailer delivery, and work closely with Brand Marketing and Creative Teams to guarantee content and copy reflects the subtleties and restrictions for each market.
3. When applicable, Source translations for required markets to ensure consistency in execution of brand voice across all global markets and realize sales goals. Translations are utilized to complete new product setup; enhance and support visual merchandising; strengthen product page copy and digital assets; and to provide localized education and press materials, which offer incremental opportunities for exposure.
4. Develop and manage company-wide sampling strategy that supports brand objectives in
innovation, core, and category ownership. Maintain/support a total brand sampling document
that tracks allocation and spend by channel/retailer. Work closely with Operations to ensure
inventory is secured to meet the needs of the business, tracking ship dates and cost of goods by
sku. Conduct monthly reconciliation of shipped vs. allocated, communicating any potential risks
or opportunities with excess to various channel leaders.
5. Contribute to the development of brand promotional strategy in reflection to your channel.
Review existing product portfolio and innovation calendar, utilizing cost of goods to analyze gross margin to recommend options that are not only profitable, but also support company strategic objectives. Coordinate kick-off meetings with cross-functional teams to present the promotional strategy and align on timelines for go-forward deliverables.
1. Closely monitor stock and sales of all retail accounts. Monitor retailer websites for out of stocks, requesting immediate replenishment for low or back-in-stock items. Review sales performance and trend, analyze run rate, and review OH inventory to identify areas of opportunity for incremental replenishment orders or areas of risk (brand out of stock, retailer overstock). Work closely with cross-functional partners on innovation and core forecasts by account, monitoring retailer launch POs to ensure orders are placed with sufficient quantities to support 360 launch plans and potential halo effects.
2. Provided sales feedback on Inventory and assortment management of two sku variations. Work closely with Retail Planning to ensure accurate forecasts are in place, communicating launch plans, and retailer updates that would impact demand. Actively participate in inventory meetings to review on-hand stock levels at both warehouses in order to assess foreseeable risks to inventory; collaborate with internal partners on resolutions and next steps.
Team and HQ Functions:
1. Participate in annual budget planning, Qtrly Board meeting presentations and management.
Contribute to the Development of sales goals and budge to your channel; responsible to monitor
the P&L and track ROI on key investments. Facilitating channel revisions and monthly updates to
YOY sales plan and budgetary changes.
2. Coach and supervise a director report to align on Sales Goals and objectives; ensure accuracy
and excellence of work, on-time delivery of tasks, and provide support and education for direct report to successfully achieve goals and career development.
-International account management experience ideally with Sephora and Mecca
-8+ years in account management/trade marketing in beauty
-Experience working with high level executives
-Background working at a fast paced start-up beauty company