Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a digital web development agency in Portland, OR to help them find a Senior UX/UI Designer to join their team in this hybrid role! This is a 5 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay. Details of the role are below.
As the UX/UI Developer, you will be responsible for creating all front-end deliverables, such as user stories, wireframes, user personas, and site maps. You will also be responsible for partnering directly with clients to achieve their goals and present strategic solutions.
• Develop and modify user-facing features for web and mobile applications
• Support ongoing development for existing projects and applications
• Collaborate with project stakeholders to translate business requirements into digital solutions
• Work closely with UX and design resources to ensure the technical feasibility of designs while maintaining user-centric focus
• Work within a product team to prioritize and implement new application features, while simultaneously maintaining the quality of existing features and functionality.
• Remain current of emerging web technologies and design trends and provide strategic recommendations to enhance deliverables
• Ensure websites and applications meet web accessibility standards
• Perform project planning, organizing and implementation until the application is commissioned in a production environment
• Implement front-end presentations for enterprise applications
• Perform thorough QA testing including cross-browser/platform compatibility with a design point of view in mind
• Participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, architecture, design, programming, deployment, and maintenance
• Explore product concepts to find promising directions that address both human and business needs
• Build libraries and frameworks that support complex web applications
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or similar field preferred
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
• Working knowledge of GIT source code control and branching methodologies, debugging, performance monitoring, and testing tools
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experience connecting back-end systems together using API's