Job descriptionOur client, a growing beauty company in DTLA is looking for a Senior Video Editor to join their team!
Full time, direct hire
Remote within LA ok with in-office presence as needed
The Role in a Nutshell
Looking for an extremely talented Senior Video Editor to drive acquisition by creating high converting video content across paid media channels. This highly skilled editor will understand the DTC space, and lead a team of editors to deliver conversion oriented content at rapid speed, while elevating the brand look/feel. The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio of relevant work and skilled in motion graphics, color grading and audio mixing.
What You’ll Do
• Raise the bar on creative, delivering best-in-class paid content that is eye-catching, compelling and converts.
• Concept, create and deliver video content to drive acquisition across paid media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, OTT and Pinterest.
• Create compelling video content utilizing a mix of influencer content, brand content, motion graphics.
• Evaluate and utilize scripted and non-scripted content to create stories around hair concerns, success stories, trends, etc.
• Partner with copywriter and Head of Digital Creative Content to ideate and deliver innovative new creative concepts, while iterating on previous concepts.
• Created a balanced video that is visually-compelling that incorporates marketing claims in a seamless way, without compromising elevated aesthetic.
• Improve efficiency of the video team by creating new templates, graphic elements, style guide and processes in order to deliver against high volume asks.
• Work under pressure, with tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects to meet deliverables.
• Create clips from existing best-performing content that can be utilized across multiple videos over time.
• Quality control content from each video editor to ensure they follow best-practice guidelines for each format.
• Color grade raw video files from content shoots and output files for editors to utilize.
• Organize and maintain projects and digital archives
What We’re Looking For
• 6-8 years experience of relevant experience with an agency, in-house creative or marketing team.
• A stunning portfolio of video content showcasing different facets of editing.
• Strong motion graphics skills.
• Proficiency in Premiere and After Effects, with knowledge of other adjacent Adobe programs.
• Experience in creating video content for paid channels; DTC preferred.
• Excellence in creative editing, finishing, color grading, audio mixing/sweetening.
• Attention to detail with careful review of work to ensure highest quality control.
• A highly organized self-starter who understands how to balance multiple projects and keep them moving in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
What Would Be Nice to Have
• A passion for film, tv and music content.
• Familiarity with reading scripts and understanding how to translate to video.
• Experience managing a team of editors.
• Knowledge of DTC environment, processes and performance content.
• Knowledge and participation in leading social media platforms.
• Knowledge of latest and emerging digital video trends