Job description24 Seven is teaming up with a popular sports health supplement company based in Scottsdale, AZ to help them find a Software Development Engineer to join their team in this hybrid role. This is full-time, 5-6 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, and more.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) responsibilities include both software development and testing tasks and focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of production software. As such, an SDET is a test professional with programming skills who can create automation test and utilities to assist the manual testing process. To be successful as an SDET I, you should have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills. You should have a passion to learn and expand your skills in design, development, and testing within the constantly changing technology sector.
• Work on test strategies for new features and existing products. Determine test case priority and execution frequency. Write concise and detailed test cases that provide complete information.
• Setting up, maintaining, and performing automation test on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, Database, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
• Ability to understand the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
• Continuously improve and maintain test case library.
• Test software releases related to feature improvements and new product development.
• Experience with “Big Data Testing” (Data ingestion, Data Processing, ETL, Etc)
• Strong experience in writing SQL queries.
• Experience testing Stored Procedures.
• Working with deployment team and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
• Researching new updated tools and methodologies to optimize and improve QA testing skillset.
• Perform manual testing of custom, complex business applications including web, Database and custom software applications, websites and partner integrations for functionality, usability, performance, and browser compatibility.
• Create and maintain test cases.
• Identify and analyze software defects, and file clear and thorough bug reports.
• Manage, validate, and track issues identified by QA or outside of the QA department throughout their lifecycle. Verify resolved defects & update test cases.
• Work in an AGILE software development life cycle environment. Take ownership for quality in the software development process and act as an advocate for end users and prospective customers
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Bachelor’s Degree, in Science, Informatics, or Engineering or an equivalent Computer Science, Informatics, or Engineering. combination of education and experience.
- Proven working experience in quality assurance.
- Proven knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- 2-5 years’ experience testing enterprise level software preferably user-facing ecommerce solutions.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- 2-5 years’ experience Manual Software Testing. Experience with black box testing.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience with agile/scrum. Experience testing full stack development.
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance, Analysis.