Job descriptionThe Sports Marketing Manager; you will help build and maintain a robust snowboard and skate athlete community of active athlete team members “athlete brand ambassadors” through the athlete team members program. They will work with global category managers and internal teams to create a cohesive program to recruit and maintain the athlete team members. This position will participate in selection, contract administration and monitoring of designated athletes and properties. Their role will be to serve as an athlete manager and liaison to the brands, creating and executing athlete agreements, managing athlete invoices, cash payouts through the Paid to Podium system, overseeing athlete recruitment through the web-based application and maintaining a relevant, evolving, and winning team This position will continually keep abreast of the designated sports segments and be prepared to make recommendations for athlete team members in those segments. This position summary in no way implies or states that the functions listed below are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s). Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage recruitment for all athletes in segment, (Snowboard, Skate and Action Sports) through web-based application process, industry relationships and working directly with Global Category Managers to recruit future athlete team members.
- Planning and setting proper budgets for segment.
- Provide proper guidance on contracts and manage the contracts of athletes in the segments.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with athletes and make sure they are supported with the proper tools to brand themselves properly. This includes making sure the athletes have branded clothing, accessories, and product shipments at all times in order to properly represent the brand.
- Oversee invoices and cash payouts for all contracted athletes in segment.
- Distribute the cash payouts in company Paid to Podium online system.
- Ship special athlete orders for Captains/Majors/Generals/International Athletes.
- Recruiting top athletes to join the team, through research and industry events.
- Create industry relationships and sponsorship opportunities for company’s brands.
- Sponsor relevant action sports contests for “Paid 2 Podium” and athlete recruitment.
- Work with Global Category Managers to create cohesive athlete teams, video projects and events.
- Create a deep connection, commitment, and dedication to the brand of all managed athletes in segment.
- Travel to athlete events to foster relationships with new athletes and maintain existing relationships.
- Create and maintain personal relationships within the industry and segment, including other relevant athletes.
- Collaborate with other departments to best utilize the athletes and properties managed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and or industry experience.
- 3+ years of previous sports industry experience within a sizeable organization with lifestyle brands, athletes, and sports properties.
- In-depth knowledge of snowboard and skate action sports and industry.
- Experience in media and content generation with athletes and sports properties.
- Ideally, candidate will understand and have a passion for sponsored sports and lifestyles and an excellent knowledge of Sports brands and pillars.
- Strong “people-skills” and personality that fits our brand and the ability to work well and communicate within a team and externally.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively as well as be able to clearly present new ideas.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Travel 40-60%, Be willing to travel to events and work weekends and holidays.
- Be a creative thinker.
- Photographic/Video Skills a plus.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Strong time management and prioritization skill.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to use a CMS, upload text, photo and video online