Job description24 Seven is partnering with our large outdoor apparel brand client to help them find Senior Costing Analyst to join their team in this hybrid role. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity in Goleta, CA that comes with excellent benefits.
The Sr. Costing Analyst reports to the Sr. Costing Manager and is responsible for managing product costing for assigned brands. The position assists the Product Development team in cost engineering and potential cost savings to achieve brand financial plan target. The Sr. Analyst provides cost analysis in support of brand product margin requirements. The position collaborates closely with cross-functional partners including Product Development, Merchandising and Planning to meet seasonal deliverables.
The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Build seasonal Material Segmentation Report as guidance for Design and Development based on brand Merchandising Financial Plan target.
- Assist the product creation team by running costing exercises and margin scenarios. Provide cost saving suggestions to support Product Development for margin improvement.
- Provide analysis of retail price, FOB price and landed cost to brand, giving insights on seasonal cost changes.
- Work with Asia partners on tooling amortization.
- Collaborate with Asia Costing to resolve margin challenges.
- Build seasonal Sourcing Matrix report to facilitate sourcing decisions.
- Manage monthly buy report to ensure product is purchasable.
- Review and process Quarterly Ledger Summary.
- Provide ledger cost data analysis to Customs Consultant for custom return.
- Work closely with Product Development and Asia Costing team to meet CP deadlines.
- Identify process improvement opportunities through effective use of systems, reporting and audits.
- Share knowledge and train cross functional partners as needed.
Who you are:
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems (FLEX or other)
- knowledge of footwear construction preferred and manufacturing
- Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivated, focused on meeting deadlines
- General knowledge of financial and pricing models, and ability to think through and problem solve
- Effective communicator and team player with ability to work closely with cross functional areas
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis on financial or business analysis
- 3-4 years of product costing experience in footwear
- 3-5 years industry experience