Job descriptionSupply Chain Planning Manager, as you will see this position is a cross between demand planner and supply chain.
Contract to hire or direct hire for the right person.
40 hours per week
This position is an in-office position five days per week and located in San Clemente, CA.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Operations, our client is seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager who has experience both as a Demand Planner and Inventory Manager to research and report on the business demand and use that information to drive targeted inventory positions. This role will work collaboratively with the Ecomm, Wholesale, Product and Marketing teams to create tools to provide weekly supply and demand overviews and forecast updates.
- Own inventory management of always-in-stock product line to limit stock out exposure while limiting on hand holdings
- Own forecasting to drive visibility to factory level production
- Develop and own forecasting tools that feed supply chain and financial forecasting models
- Develop recommendations for purchasing with targeted buys around procurement calendar schedule
- Develop reporting tools for forecast risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Communicate changes to sales forecast, marketing strategies and business strategies
- Escalate demand driven changes to supply position and clearly communicate with management
- Evaluate marketability of proposed development items using analysis of existing product mix to find like-selling items to provide insights
- Work with sales team to gather sell through data and own the process of consolidating and reporting on sell through
- Develop and own reporting and forecasting of capsules launches focusing on sell through against forecast to generate more informed future buys
- Attend departmental meetings including marketing, sales and development to capture updates and changes to strategy that might impact demand while driving forward looking merchandising strategies based on analysis of existing line plan
- Develop method and execute on plan to manage and maintain department specific inventory levels to ensure successful allocation to hit sales targets with tight inventory supply
- Own Inventory bulk management (reserve inventory) positions for ecommerce and flagship stores to ensure inventory positions are secure for limited releases
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- Extensive use of various ERP platforms, and demonstrated aptitude to learn new software/systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Experience developing and deploying easily replicated reports
- 3 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in apparel and accessories
- 5 years of demand planning experience
- 3 years of inventory management experience
- 2 years of experience in sales analytics
- Familiarity and experience using project management software such as Asana, Wrike or Monday
- Familiarity with sell through reporting tools such as SPS Commerce
- Experience with web sales platforms such as Shopify and Google Analytics
- Experience with BI platforms such as Tableau and PowerBi
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills