Job descriptionUnit Forecasting Manager
Our client is a independent high-fashion eyewear company inspired by the creativity and spirit. Since launching in 2013 the brand has continued to grow and evolve with an extensive offering of unique, hand-crafted sun and optical frames designed in New Orleans and crafted with the utmost attention to detail. In addition to 5 brick & mortar locations,As the business grows, we are seeking a smart, creative, and skilled individual to join our talented team!
The Manager, Unit Forecasting is a highly visible role that will help drive critical business decisions by analyzing sales and financial metrics, designing reports, and providing recommendations. This role will require both keen relationship building and advanced data analysis skills to guide and influence sales, finance, and inventory investment decisions.
Unit Forecasting Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design new and maintain existing business analysis and financial reporting processes for use throughout the department and company
- Develop and maintain demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons Review historical sales trends, research sales drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results in order to influence inventory decisions Coordinate with omnichannel sales operations, marketing, and inventory planning to understand demand forecast drivers
- Provide input to the Inventory Planning teams in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs Regularly examine sales and financial data reports to locate variances and resolve errors
- Create business reports that provide insight into key data points
- Clearly and concisely communicate the results of data analysis in written and verbal form to peers, managers, and executives
- Analytical and critical thinking skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports and recommendations Ability and experience with outlining, creating, and presenting complex financial and mathematical models Comfortability managing large data sets, synthesizing conclusions, and developing recommendations
- Proficiency in excel and utilizing advanced functions Experience with data visualization and data summary tools (Example: Tableau, Power BI)
- Excellent communication skills - will be working directly with high-level company managers, directors, and executives Sound relationship management and influencing capabilities Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines without compromising the integrity of the information
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, or business related field
- 3 years work experience in related fields - forecasting, inventory management, budget controls Experience communicating and influencing at all levels of the company
- Familiarity with ERPs and financial/accounting software package
- Experience in a retail or with consumer packaged goods company preferred