Our client is a fast growing indie brand looking for a US Brand Manager to join their team!
This individual will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the 360 marketing plans in the US (#1 market for the brand). The candidate will shape budgeting, forecasting, in-store and online merchandising, P&L tracking, pricing and promotional strategies relating to the brand. The person will act as the brand guardian in the US and make business recommendations relevant to the overall growth of the brand in the beauty category. In this role you will be responsible for:
· Develop 3-year brand strategy and executing marketing plans to ensure continued growth of portfolio/brand/franchise
· Support in pricing, merchandising and promotional strategy
· Collaborate on influencer strategy with in-house Influencer Team
· Keep track of weekly market share (NPD), rankings at retailers and POS data (internal system)
· Prepare brand reviews decks for management
· Build 360 launch plans in collaboration with cross functional teams
· Update launch calendar and launch reports on a weekly basis
· Perform competitive analyses, analyzing risks and opportunities
· Track revenue forecast and marketing spend budget (A&CP) vs. actuals and plan
· Proficient P&L management and ownership
· Forecast management (saleable and non-saleable items): help enter forecast in system for initiatives based on benchmark, makeup and skincare trends and retailer feedback. Update forecast as needed.
· Work with Demand Planning and Sales Operations teams to ensure accuracy in forecasts and calendarization of saleable and promotional items in order to achieve quarterly profit targets.
Merchandising (Online, Brick and Mortar)
· Work with local and global merchandising teams on strategy as well as instore and online execution.
· Ensure brand cohesiveness across all brick & mortar doors despite customization by channel as well as online.
· Ensure perfect in-store and online execution of the brand
· Manage eventing strategy and support in store and digital execution for launches and ongoing.
· Monitor online stores and B&M stores on a regular basis (following company’s health and safety guidelines).
· Create seasonal sell books and maintain them up-to-date.
· Plan trade activation with sales (sell-in, sell-thru teams) and channel strategy teams.
· Create and update retailer presentations as needed.
· People management of 1 direct report.
· Key liaison and brand representative in all cross-functional and leadership meetings.
· Undergraduate degree required
· 5+ years in beauty
· Strong P&L fundamentals