Job descriptionOur client, a major tech/entertainment company is looking for a UX Designer for a 1 year contract. This will be hybrid to their Culver City office.
This role is part of the Human Interface Design team for Services, which includes media products, creator tools, cloud and commerce services, and productivity apps. We’re searching for a UX Writer to design new and better experiences across our services through the lens of language.
• Have an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
• Believe in advancing the state privacy-focused software and hardware.
• Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
• Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
• Know how to work with wireframes and functional specs.
• Are interested in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
• Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others.
• Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
• Think long-term, but act quickly.
• Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
• Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
• Collaborate and build relationships across product functions, demonstrating an ability to circulate and advocate for precisely the right language.
• Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
• Have an inexhaustible attention to detail.
• Enjoy contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across services.
• Know and are excited about evolving the ecosystem of hardware, software, and services.
• Articulating the value and implications of software features for users, including aspects of storage, backups, security, and family.
• Making signing into account easier and more secure for adults and children
• Understand and expressing in clear language the benefits and considerations of encryption, passkeys, and other security features.
• Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education
• Contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across services
• Converging customer goals, business requirements, and brand values
• Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy
• Collaborating with designers to uncover and solve UI challenges
• Addressing feedback and improving performance of our content
• Spending time with QA, Legal, Privacy, and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly and accurately for every audience
• Working with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what’s possible, and pushing from there
Send your resume today!
Hourly rate: $87.25
Location: Hybrid in Culver City