Job description24 Seven is teaming up with a popular jewelry company based in Portland, OR to help them find a Website Manager to join their team. This is a full-time, direct hire position with a hybrid schedule!
Top 3 skills: Shopify and Magento proficiency, experience helping move and update a website, understand the technical side
They are looking for an experienced consumer-focused E-commerce marketing professional who is passionate about DTC ecommerce, website effectiveness and performance, and thrives in a team environment.
This position reports to a Digital Marketing Director uses web design and Shopify front end development skills to deliver a consumer-first, end-to-end approach for the aesthetic design and customer experience of our site. The right person will develop and implement the company's Ecommerce plan and be responsible for all aspects of website operation, content publishing, user experience, tracking and analytics, and integration with digital marketing programs and technologies.
After tackling some website rebuild projects such as Shopify 2.0 migration and redesign and development work, your day-to-day will evolve to include developing site landing pages, product collections and filters, main navigation, homepage and promotions, email templates, and more.
This position's primary responsibilities are to measure website performance (Traffic source, Average session duration, Bounce rate, Page load speed, Pages per session) and increase conversion rates.
- Develop and implement an Ecommerce plan based on business strategy, goals, and objectives
- Perform day-to-day management of Ecommerce operations to achieve goals and objectives
- Manage the Ecommerce web maintenance, speed and development team
- Manage search engine optimization strategy, plan, and implementation
- Manage UX and conversion rate optimization
- Maintain working knowledge of best practices in ecommerce and digital marketing
- Oversee product catalog, pricing, and inventories
- Collaborate with team members to support overall marketing strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with team members to support DTC order processing, fulfilment, and tracking (tech side)
- Support customer service team with technology and data integrations
- Implement marketing automation and personalization programs
- Stay abreast of changes and innovations in the ecommerce and digital industry
- Stay abreast of competitor sites and relative position of performance
- Develop a deep knowledge of department process and provide efficiencies
- Technology Management
- Magento and/or Shopify CMS, OMS, PMS
- Google UA and G4 tracking and analytics (UTM-based analytics)
- eCommerce operations (orders, customers, products, business tracking and analytics)
- Rating and reviews (or equivalent)
- Fraud management and chargeback optimization tools (Signifyd or equivalent)
- Google Search Center and related SEO tools (Core Web Vitals, SEM Rush, etc.)
- Technical understanding of all elements of the marketing technology stack
- BS or Certification in related field and/or 6+ years of experience of web development and ecommerce management
- Strong team management, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high stress design process under minimal supervision
- Ability to innovate and develop out-of-the-box solutions to complex user interaction problems
- Good analytical skills in order to make design decisions based on data
- Previous supervisory and project management experience required
- Experience in web design, code development, coding principles and best practices
- High competency experience with Magento and/or Shopify (2.0) eCommerce and cloud hosting
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and Search Central
- Experience in the beauty/luxury industry and/or high-AOV product
- Understanding of cookies and the legal side of e-commerce, as well as the creative UI side.
- Experience mentoring or managing other designers
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of HTML5/XHTML, CSS3 and various interface design frameworks
- Experience in platform migrations
- Light coding experience in frontend and backend