Our client, a well known global agency, is looking to add a 3D Artist/Illustrator to their growing team on a Fulltime basis, starting immediately. This role will be part of an extremely exciting and cutting edge initiative!
Overview of the brand:
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Why this role?
Through work with one of the agency's biggest client, they have evolved a "top selling item" into unchartered territory for the digital space, and are now working on a new frontier and setting the standard in this industry. We will be creating hard working, attention grabbing animations that help families explore new worlds and interact with fanciful characters and licenses. We need a lead motion designer who can use animation to tell fun and engaging stories and can help guide and shape this new technology with a point of view they’re not afraid to share.
Who are you?
As an illustrator you will have the chance to create beautiful 2d and 3D work that will be seen by millions of customers and marketed across the client's system globally. You will be on a talented and specialist team working across a new and exciting digital innovation for the family market, with diverse and varied licenses at your fingertips.
You’re an illustrator with 3D chops, capable of bringing ideas, characters, and worlds to life through sketches, storyboards and high-res visuals. You can also utilise 3D to further refine concepts and prepare them for hand off to 3D animators and Motion Designers. You’re comfortable taking inspiration from existing assets/styles to create something new, or taking mood boards to reference and expand the thinking into new territories.
3D Artist/Illustrator Responsibilities:
- This role will work closely with cross-functional creative teams, creating artwork from sketches to detailed renderings.
- Take direction from art directors and CDs in the creation of 2d and 3d illustrations across a variety of styles
- Work alongside motion designers to create layered illustrations that fit in to a post-production pipeline and can be animated
- Creation of storyboards, collaborating with Art Directors to nail the narrative and block the animation before we get into animation
- Illustrate characters, scenes, props and other assets as needed per project
- Presentation assistance through creation of materials, styles and assets for client meetings and concepting
- Aid in the feedback of illustrations provided by contractors
3D Artist/Illustrator Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience creating 2d and 3d illustrations and images
- A strong knowledge of adobe illustrator and photoshop (other adobe creative suite knowledge a plus)
- Good understanding of colour theory, picture composition and framing principles
- Experience in a 3D software like Cinema 4d, Blender or Maya
- Well-organized and able to work consistently on recurring tasks in projects
- Good communication skills and ability to work alongside a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure at times and tight timelines
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your portfolio today!