Our client is one of the fastest growing beauty companies globally and one of the few independent beauty companies, they are at the forefront of innovation and re-writing the rules when it comes to the self-tanning category. With their rapid international growth, we now have an amazing opportunity for an Account Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Head of Sales and Education, this role will be responsible for managing the company’s relationships with mass and drugstore accounts in the North American market. We are looking for someone with a passion for beauty and an enthusiastic drive to be a part of a company that is innovating and disrupting the norms of the industry.
Account Manager Key Responsibilities:
• Serve as the lead point of contact for all assigned clients.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting partner relationships.
• Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and partner stakeholders.
• Work with Head of Sales and Education to develop an annual strategy for every partner (including financial forecast, training needs, marketing activity etc.). Ensure all relevant departments (i.e. marketing, social etc.) that can influence/impact the outcome/performance are involved.
• Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. weekly/monthly sales, annual forecasts etc.)
• Develop new business strategy with existing partners and/or identify growth opportunities to meet sales forecast.
• Coordinate with cross-functional internal teams to ensure consistent service.
• Liaise with logistics to ensure clients receive goods in the expected timeframe and manage client expectations should there be any delay.
• Service multiple clients concurrently, ensuring all deadlines are achieved.
• Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
• Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
Account Manager Skills:
• Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to interact and present to top management and external clients and agencies
• Ability to translate market insight to business strategy and drive implementable plans
• Ability to present sales strategy, and execute on plans
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain sales information clearly and confidently
• Ability to think strategically and create a bigger picture vision while also executing that vision
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Highly organized and able to see multiple projects through completion
• Enthusiastic, collaborative and energetic.
• 2 to 5 years of experience in Sales/ key account manager’s role for a drugstore or mass company preferably in the beauty or CPG industry.
• Experience with drugstores required
• Proven success working with retailers, managing daily business needs and identifying new opportunities