Beauty Account Manager needed for Top Color Cosmetics company in LA!
About the job
The Corporate Account Manager will work under the direction of the Sales leadership to develop, plan and execute the sales strategy for various accounts or related projects. Drive retail promotional programs, analyze sales and business data, and meet profitability goals while striving to optimize efficiencies and capture additional sales opportunities. Anticipate and analyze retail sales trends to implement strategic action plans in favor of the business. Maintain strong relationships with both external partners and internal cross-functional teams to ensure success and accomplishment of target goals.
Essential Job Functions
Sales Planning & Inventory Management
- Collaborate with retailer buying and planning teams to develop strategic sales plans that fulfill the growth and revenue goals, seeking approval and guidance of VP of Sales as necessary
- Collaborate cross functionally to lead company sales projects
- Work closely with brand and retailer planning teams to plan and forecast new launch inventory needs and sell-through timing, basic replenishment levels, and stock level management
- Ensure projections reflect changes in the business such as promotions and new store openings
- Communicate all launches, pricing, allocations, OOS statuses, samples, and special programs to each division’s buying team
- Monitor newness orders to ensure correct order quantities are placed by retailer
- Help resolve stock concerns and requests from field as appropriate
- Coordinate RTV authorization and tracking, with adherence to budget and internal control procedure
Reporting & Analysis
- Provide regular sales reporting and analysis to both Sales leadership such as best sellers, mix of business, door rankings, and topline sales results as they compare to expectations and past history.
- Participate in weekly sales review with management.
- Participate in regular budget review with the Sales leadership and Finance Department
Marketing & Merchandising
- Stay current on seasonal fixture update plans as carried out by Merchandising Department, helping to ensure proper display plans according to account assortments, gondola set dates, and future launch timelines
- Work closely with buyers to plan retailer side-by-side calendars, strategically scheduling promotional activity to drive YOY growth, especially at times with high LY liabilities
- Collaborate with retailer and companies Digital Retail Manager e-commerce teams to create marketing calendar (sample program, dedicated emails, ads, site updates, etc.)
- Partner with corporate creative teams on retail assets: model photography, product shots, copy, and opportunities for new and exciting online brand pages
- Plan annual sampling calendar in conjunction with each division’s promotional calendar;
- Manage the administrative duties of Sales Coordinator(s) in compiling business information, completing reports, organizing files, tracking project timelines, and meeting deadlines on assigned activities
- Oversee the submission of assortments, setup forms, comps, and assets by Sales Coordinator to retail accounts
- Lead cross-functional teams in creation of sales proposals and presentations for major retailer meetings (e.g. Market Meetings)
- Continuously improve processes and ways of operating to drive productivity and effectiveness of Sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a corporate Account Management position in the Beauty or Consumer Products Industry
- Knowledge of Sephora and Ulta is a big plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Self-motivated, results-driven, detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think and perform creatively
- Proven ability to follow up and maintain timelines
- Flexible and adaptive attitude to changing business needs and a fast-paced work environment