This is a full-time opportunity!
Location or Remote: Seattle, WA
Client Overview: Our client is an American sports equipment company headquartered in Seattle, WA.
Position Overview: As the Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for creating original graphics and textile designs that reflect the brand aesthetic. On a seasonal basis you will play a key role in the design and development of product that meets the needs of the customer as well as our brand and business objectives. You will use computerized systems and handcraftsmanship in the design process and provide materials in support of your work to the Design, Development and Merchandising teams. Your work will include the design of graphics, print repeats, embroideries, jacquards, laser cut or other fabric manipulation, to align with the seasonal product direction. You will work with vendor partners and the Materials Team to produce graphic and textile designs ranging from blue-sky concepts to go-to-market solutions. As part of the Design team, and the growing Apparel Art team, you will build the company brand, understand the competitive landscape, translate trends to meet runners needs and contribute to the development of seasonal design themes and events.
- Contribute to the execution of the seasonal vision of apparel, accessories & sock art design by developing a strong consumer-oriented point of view through an understanding of the runner and the events we sponsor.
- Using inspiration from Apparel Art Leadership as a framework, translate that inspiration into original, on trend artwork that aligns with the modern company Apparel standard set by Apparel Design Leadership.
- Communicate and present seasonal graphic and textile design concepts to the Apparel triad and create presentation materials that effectively communicate direction for graphics and textile prints.
- Explore innovative ways of creating and applying graphics by following art & fashion trends in order to keep the line fresh with blue sky concepts.
- Create original artwork that illustrates design concepts and captures seasonal stories to share with the Marketing, Merchandising and Sales teams.
- Work with the Merchandising team to understand market needs and design graphics aligned to product briefs and cost targets.
- Research market trends, competitors and consumer needs and provide recommendations from a graphic design perspective
- Create and maintain all art files and transfer correct information to cross functional teams.
- Create graphic and print artwork for the materials team for strike offs and prototypes.
- Compile tech packs and other materials to hand off to development for sampling and manufacturing.
- Update designs based on feedback from management and other team members and work with the Associate Apparel Graphic Designer to ensure changes are made accordingly.
- Research new techniques and applications that can be used in seasonal product and use findings to innovate our products.
- Partner with apparel and accessories designers to ensure that textile stories and individual prints, materials and trims enhance the product aesthetic and fit with the overall design.
- Meet calendar deadlines and deliverables.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Degree in Textile, Material or Graphic design or related field (Bachelor’s or portfolio school)
- 5+ years of progressive and technically sophisticated Textile design experience; may be substituted by proven skill based on actual work samples
- Demonstrated understanding of textile manufacturing, dyeing and design techniques.
- Exceptional design portfolio.
- Expert knowledge in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop are unequivocally necessary
- Must be able to design, prepare production files, and color separate art using Illustrator and Photoshop (vector and index)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally 4 times a year