As the Assistant Designer you will lend both creative and practical support to designers. You will also coordinate and work with wash houses to develop standards for the season.
- Seasonal research and concept prep.
- Development sketching as needed.
- Adhere to calendar deadlines.
- Work with pattern maker, tech designers and sample sewers to ensure timely flow of detail sheets and sew-by completions.
- Seasonal and development fabric organization.
- Attend and take notes at development and production fittings as needed, follow up on design changes based on fitting.
- Initial style number set up.
- Create and maintain line sheets.
- Create/Manage all BOMs/TPs on the design side
- Organize and prepare design racks, reference samples, keep track and check in garments when received.
- Assist in developing women’s denim washes and keeping track and organizing of all info.
- Update CADS, TPs and BOMs as needed
Who You Are:
- Has an open mind and is a constant support for the Women’s Mainline Design team.
- Learns quickly and needs little supervision when tasked.
- One who promotes a positive attitude in the work place, who communicates easily and open to cross-functional team.
- Thrives in efficiency and organization, willing to work hard and hit strict deadlines.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 1 year of experience in apparel design. Denim experience is a big Plus.
- Efficient in MS Office and Excel.
- Intermediate skills in Adobe, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat.
- Record of accomplishment within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Denim design knowledge preferable.
- Full Circle experience a plus.
- Advanced ability in Adobe.