Our client, a well-known activewear brand is looking for an Assistant Women's Designer to join their team.
The position: Responsible for researching trends, ideation of new concepts and creating compelling stories to meet the brand aesthetic. The designer works with the apparel team leads to ensure that each product meets the categories product brief, and the seasonal design direction set by Creative Direction and Senior Management team.
- Implement the seasonal direction according to market trends
- Accurately depict sketches, designs, ideations, technical drawings, and other required art / illustrations
- Effectively and efficiently navigate and use their software tools and systems
- Create technical drawings and representations of fabric, trim, graphic color and products such that construction information is interpreted exactly as intended
- Visualize seasonal ideas for ranges and product concept
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design marketing, and development for all issues regarding your projects
- Creativity: Translate fashion and culture trends to the product design concepts
- Employ multi-dimensional thinking to ideate and discover new perspectives
- Use unorthodox or atypical ways of solving problems to conceive innovative, usable concepts/ideas their Design
- DNA: Ensure the product successfully meets the brand aesthetic by adhering to their design DNA fundamentals
- Ensure construction, finishing techniques, and textiles enhance product usability
- Attend and contribute to review sessions for designs, construction, fit, and/or prototypes
- Ensure your designs reflects market needs and product brief requirements
- Financial Aptitude: Resolve any cost and margin issues to ensure product design execution, against the targeted Go-In-Margin Knowledge
Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of apparel design
Please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration.