Job descriptionAssistant Designer, Handbags
Client Overview: Our client designs, sources, markets and sells fashion-forward handbags for women.
Assistant Designer Overview: The Design Assistant will assist the Creative Team in making sure that the handbag designs and collections are in accordance with brand profile, heritage, and marketable.
Assistant Designer Requirements:
- Identify and present seasonal trend direction to the designer
- Work closely with print, production, merchandising and sales to ensure information flow is accurate and timely throughout the development process.
- CAD implementation of prints and graphic patterns in handbags through Photoshop and Illustrator
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the line; responsible for tracking changes and additions
- Communication of line information to all cross functional partners
- Participate in concept reviews and line building recaps
- Upkeep of classification flow charts in Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Sketch in illustrator 3/4 and alternate views of the handbags
- Accurate measurements for each view
- Construct 3-D paper models when needed
- CAD handbag illustrations when needed
- Provide comments on samples received from factory
- Support with all of the creative team to refine seasonal concepts, materials, hardware and color palette for all collections
- Responsible for timeline adherence, ensure all style tech packs are completed accurately and delivered to overseas sourcing on time
- Ensure that all prototypes are available for product presentation and approvals
- Strong understanding of bag production process
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in design or related and 1-3 years of design experience
- Required Professional Experience and Competencies
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator & In-Design
- Drawing skills required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Experience in trend research
- Ability to work on site 3-4 days a week