Title: Assistant Merchant/ Assistant Buyer
Location/Remote: fully remote but wants someone ideally local to the bay area
Start Date: 1/24/21 Duration/End:18 months, Jan-Feb 2023
Hours per week: 40
Vaccination Required: Must be vaccinated
Assists the Merchant/Director in executing brand strategies and negotiations and achieving category goals.
· Assist in management of execution of brand strategies & negotiations with brands.
· Management of brand priorities, promotions and markdowns and own communication process to cross functional teams.
· Management of brand assortments, including productivity and timeliness of posting.
· Communication with brands on business related issues. (Bi-Weekly/Monthly calls & meetings)
· Meeting preparation; including ad hoc reporting
· Analysis of the business; brand/department reporting.
· Vendor follow-up regarding logistic issues as necessary.
· Leadership potential to manage department projects and brand businesses.
· College degree or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 3 years retail buying office experience
· Excellent technical skills – MS Office (Excel, Word); merchant systems
· Problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong numbers aptitude
· Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
· Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation and presentation skills
· Flexible, team player