We’re looking for a hands-on, strategic individual with an in-depth understanding of brand and retail marketing. The Brand & Sales Marketing Manager will be a key member of our growing Brand Marketing Team. You’ll be helping to develop and execute our marketing strategy as well as supporting a wide range of key brand marketing functions as our team and company grows. This role requires a solid understanding of marketing fundamentals and retail marketing tactics, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a high degree of comfort working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You’re a strong communicator, a collaborative worker, and possess a strong desire to continually learn and grow as the responsibilities of this role evolve.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the development and management of marketing strategies and plans.
- Manage implementation of advertising, packaging, shopper marketing, and consumer research projects to support strategies and objectives.
- Help develop and manage implementation of promotional and marketing programs.
- Work closely and at times lead projects with sales, creative, R&D, operations and logistics as part of a cross functional team.
- Assist in marketing projects to end consumers, potentially including ad development, media planning, digital marketing, loyalty initiatives, social media programs, etc.
- Apply consumer insights and marketplace knowledge to shape our retail marketing strategy, helping establish our brand on shelf as we enter new distribution.
- Help launch and execute in-store marketing campaigns and programs to efficiently build up brand awareness and drive sales in coordination with general marketing tactics and omnichannel strategies.
- Work effectively with external vendors to execute digital and in-store marketing programs and campaigns to help us achieve our goals. Help identify and onboard new vendor partners as needed.
- Be the expert - maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current category and industry trends; closely monitor and analyze sales volumes, market share trends and competitive activity.
- Collaborate with external agencies and internal partners to co-develop marketing materials and execute plans.
- Proactively communicate key learnings, activities and successes to internal stakeholders. Be able to demonstrate business cases and advocate for resource allocation to support retail and brand marketing tactics when needed.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to enable us to meet company goals.
- 2-4 years prior marketing experience (consumer packaged goods industry is a plus).
- BS/BA degree in Business or Marketing
- Proficient in a variety of applications (Microsoft Suite, G Suite), and the ability to pick up new applications and processes quickly
- High comfort level analyzing data and drawing actionable conclusions, including using syndicated (POS) data such (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, or retailer’s individual data)
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation abilities
- A clear understanding of general marketing principles
- Ability to use both sides of your brain - this role will require both strong creative and analytical thinking
- Can do attitude and ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented