Role Overview: Responsible for assisting in the strategic development and product improvements that will drive growth and profitability of the brand. This is accomplished by close work and involvement with multiple functional areas including Licensing and Design, Marketing, CMG and Sourcing.
Associate Designer Responsibilities:
- Benchmark the competition in terms of fit, fabric, construction and positioning
- Follow and report current trends and innovation
- Ability to create surface design, pitch sheets and color separation for all graphic art
- Review and approve layout and color of seasonal strike offs/ handlooms
- Attend and take notes on all fit sessions
- Daily communications with vendors
- Maintain seasonal calendars and communication with RLC partners
- Track the development of key trims, fabrics and findings
- Create trim sheets/ design detail sketches for BOM hand off to tech/ merchandising team
- Review top of production samples and work with appropriate functional areas to resolve issues
- Identify and drive the implementation of cost savings initiatives
- Responsible for product presentation/ showroom set-up, as well as competitive benchmarking analysis
- Work cross functionally to manage new product launches and product improvements from innovation to industrialization
Associate Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in fashion design, graphic/surface design, apparel management or textile design. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Adobe creative suite, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
- 1-2 years in Apparel design/ Graphic design
- Working knowledge of knit apparel manufacturing, product features and benefits, yarn types and construction, as well as associated cost.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good sense of color and style