Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring an Associate Product Line Manager on a 6 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but will go onsite once it's safe in Beaverton, OR This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
As an Associate Product Line Manager, you will be responsible for product line management for all facets of the product creation process of the Streetwear business. You'll be responsible for collecting and analyzing product, consumer and competitive trends in the market. With direction from the Apparel Product Director, you'll collaborate to the project pipeline and be responsible for all facets of the product creation processes for a part of the overall product lines (Men’s Apparel). You'll also work with PLMs, merchandisers, developers and designers to meet key deliverables each season including calendar deadlines, samples confirmation, communication tools preparation, etc. Furthermore, you'll work with category CIA to confirm the accuracy of information in the MMX system (i.e., FOB, landed costs, targeted wholesale prices, forecasted units…).
The candidate needs to have superior streetwear, fashion, & trend acumen. It is critical to understand the consumer’s ecosystem of influence & how our clients apparel can achieve the mission of becoming the #1 streetwear brand in the world. Lastly, the candidate needs to have an astute passion for apparel, effective verbal & written communication skills, ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced environment, & excellent attention to details/deadlines.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Retail Merchandising, or a related field, or 2 additional years' experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years' relevant experience in product-related roles
- General understanding of product construction and consumer trends
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude and computer skills
- Creativity and passion for product
- The ability to work well in ambiguity and stay flexible
- The ability to build relationships of trust across many functions
- Proficient information-seeking skills and a drive for results
- Ability to share ideas and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management