Associate Sweater Designer- New York
Our client is an exciting fashion brand who is worn by women all over the country. With their unique designs and color palette they are a MUST have wardrobe staple.
Associate Sweater Designer Overview:
As the Associate Sweater Designer, you will be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new apparel design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
Associate Sweater Designer Responsibilities:
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
• Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
Associate Sweater Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience as an Apparel Design experience with sweater
• Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM
• MUST have PLM