This is a full time opportunity.
Location or Remote: Hybrid, Addison TX
Client Overview: Our client is a renowned company creating the latest beauty must-haves across the globe. Their modern, on-trend, and innovative approach is revolutionizing and disrupting the industry like no other.
Position Overview: With the ultimate purpose of supporting our Independent Consultants in maximizing their potential in both personal and business growth, this role leads a team of two (a Brand Development Specialist and a contractor) on product development projects under guidance of the Senior Manager, Brand Development across categories like skincare and nutrition supplement.
- Under the direction of the manager, leads the commercialization of global and regional new product development projects (including but not limited to new product innovation, formula updates and packaging changes); and commercial innovation projects (including but not limited to value engineering) to support the product lifecycle management of the assigned product portfolio.
- Collaborates and communicates with R&D, program management, product research organization, creative, legal/regulatory, and region/ local marketing teams to manage/advance said projects’ timelines.
- Manages and guides the team in the development of new product concepts and strategies, with tasks including but not limited to:
- Completes market, competitive and internal sales performance reviews to understand business/ product opportunities.
- Monitors trends in the competitive landscape.
- Leads or support the creation of New Product Development project requests to product leadership team and regional marketing teams.
- Provides formula and package direction to internal partners for product development.
- Evaluates and provides preliminary approvals on product and package aesthetics.
- Works with brand positioning team to create product positioning documents for new products as well as updating current product positioning documents for commercial innovation opportunities.
- Prepares pricing recommendations based on competitive analysis, secondary research and internal cost parameters.
- Partner with product research organization to develop and recommend scope and methodology of consumer and product research including qualitative consumer research, consumer claims tests and, when required, clinical testing.
- Provides post product launch analysis to senior management to evaluate the success of recent launches and to help design potential improvements for the future. Reviews independent sales force and industry feedback in the form of blogs, editor reviews, etc. Makes recommendations that affect future product launches.
- Provides training and coaching to the Brand Specialist and contractor for professional and personal growth.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required involving in the recruitment, training, supervision and development of Product Development staff.
- At least 5-7 years on-hand product development and portfolio management experience in consumer products within the skin and personal-care and/or nutrition supplement categories.
- Proven track record in product innovation and life-cycle management required to lead the tactical aspects of the product development cycle from landscape assessment to concept creation, through product commercialization to end-market launch. Must demonstrate a high level of problem solving, planning and negotiating skill.
- Must be an active and effective change agent. Be able to learn and navigate through internal processes while always challenging self and partners to work/ think out of the box to deliver desired outcome in a more efficient manner, while maximizing value for the company and our independent beauty consultants.
- Must have a learner personality and continuously improve on skillsets/ knowledge required to perform as role evolves with the changing marketing landscape.
- Excellent communication skills required to establish credibility and form business partnerships with clients locally and globally, to provide clear product/brand positioning, and to exchange information with individuals at various levels of the organization. Must be strong, assertive personality balanced with a respect for others.
- Must be a strategic thinker with a broad perspective and, at the same time, demonstrate an acute attention to detail and the ability to execute flawlessly.
- Must have the ability to perform duties under general direction and independently perform assignments with only general criteria for expected results and possess a high level of time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Travel required up to 15% of for the regional meeting and market study, attend special events like beauty/ nutrition and marketing trend seminars.
- Strong verbal and written skills. Ability to speak/ write professionally in another language (e.g. Mandarin/ Chinese and/ or Spanish) highly preferred
- Relevant international experience in the Asia Pacific, Latin America and Europe region preferred.