Our client is a wellknown multi-brand advanced luxury retailer that is seeking a new Buyer to oversee all Non-Apparel categories to join their HQ team based in New York. You will be tasked with supporting assortment planning, driving merchandising strategies, vendor management, open-to-buy monitoring, pricing, cost negotiations, and inventory management to achieve sales and profitability targets for your specific category. The ideal candidate has deep experience in developing and motivating a team, fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration and entrepreneurialism.
What You’ll Do:
· Translate fashion trends into curated assortments for the Intermix customer and develop a merchandising strategy, which includes product selection and pricing and markdown strategies to maximize sales margin and profitability targets for Footwear, Handbags, Accessories, Jewelry
· Drive long term strategy and business objectives for multiple departments reflecting non-apparel positioning within the larger company.
· Proactively build department, vendor and category strategy to strengthen core businesses and launch new categories.
· Review orders with the team, and present overall strategy to DMM and Chief Merchant
· Manage the business through in-season, pre-and post-season analysis/hindsights and tactical adjustments
· Develop and maintain cross functional partnerships and partner with the planning team on analysis and assortment planning to achieve financial plans, and the marketing team for coop programs
· Evaluate the open-to-buy, markdowns and inventory levels for specific department(s), while monitoring inventory productivity and vendor profitability
· Participate in line reviews to ensure brand cohesiveness and competitive assortments
· Manage all aspects of vendor negotiations and strengthen market relationships and identify new vendors and business opportunities in the market-place
· Train and develop Assistant Buyer &/or Merchandise Assistant and contribute to positive morale in the department and organization
- Bachelors degree in business or equivalent related experience
- 5+ years progressive buying experience for a multi-vendor luxury brand
- Prior experience in a Designer/Luxury ecommerce or omni channel business is a plus, though not required
- Proven track record of success and ability to drive a business
- Proven ability to create product assortments to meet customer needs
- Strong business and financial analysis skills
- Strong retail math acumen
- Keen fashion sense and trend forecasting ability
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership abilities
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when required