Our client is a fortune 500 retailer in Beavorton is expanding their merchandising team, and looking for a Category Merchandising Manager!
About This Role:
You will be responsible for leading the product assortment for all distribution points of the brand. You will also be responsible for delivering a product mix consistent aligned with the company’s brand strategy and financial objectives. You will also be adopting products from Global lines to maximize opportunity to connect with consumer in each territory.
Category Merchandising Overview:
Acts as an expert in building Consumer Right Assortments for assigned category & location Briefs the product engine on the needs of the consumer for both the category/geography and upcoming trends category/geography and upcoming trends May work across the product engines to ensure that product is being created with the retail end in mind Edits the product line for assigned location and category using both directed assortment and selecting the line outside of the global core product with a goal of meeting revenue targets Builds directed assortments that supports category vision, working with geographies with retail end in mind
• Develop and implement seasonal line plans to feature a balanced product mix aligned with current trends and customer needs
• Create a launch strategy for each collection to ensure the product is communicated effectively to the customer and product investments are supported
• Manage the buying process and establish a pricing strategy to achieve margin goals in partnership with the planning team and VP of Product
• Ensure deliveries and planned product flow are achieved on-time as outlined on the merchandise calendar, analyze historical customer characteristics, and identify opportunities for category expansion
• Execute the merchandising strategy on a door-by-door basis for each retail store and eCommerce in partnership with planning and allocations teams
• Provide competitive market analysis and manage seasonal industry trend recaps to ensure the product offering is aligned with trends in the market
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven merchandising experience
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills