- With supervision from Design management, uses design skills to create original graphic designs or refreshes existing products that appropriately reflect design philosophy & standards.
- May also do an "apprenticeship" with senior designers, completing details of product process in lieu of a full project.
- These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials.
- Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
- Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution.
- Manages individual projects beginning with attending internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards.
- Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets. Estimates all aspects of project development.
- Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget.
- Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation.
- Arrange the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors. Evaluate vendors.
- Understand technical aspects, terminology, and equipment involved in film, print, and collateral production.
- Act as a liaison among managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies.
- Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials.
- Provides design support for higher level designers as needed.
- Ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design.
- Familiarity with current trends, color, and design.
- Must be computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications.
- Effective oral and written communications skills in local market language, including presentations.
- Proficient information-seeking skills and drive for results.
- Ability to share ideas and develop effective responses.