Sr Designer (Athleisure/Activewear)
We are looking for a design director who is able to quickly interpret business needs and client briefs and turn them into compelling creative solutions. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, the design director must be a skilled manager of creative teams (including but not limited to: art directors, copywriters, content strategists, graphic artists, and designers). The design director must be an effective communicator, especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders.
- Distill abstract business concepts and client needs into elegant creative solutions.
- Take responsibility for the creative vision and the standard of output across team members who work under them.
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly to clients, as well as communicate in the same manner to members of the creative team.
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire the creative team.
- Ensure that all of the organization’s or client’s creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand.
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level designer.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership, team-building, and delegation) leading and managing a creative team.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism