About the role:
The Designer will contribute to the daily function of the Design Team. The individual in this role must be creative, curious, thoughtful in regard to design and process, agile, and show initiative. Expertise in garment construction, fit, color, proportion, fabric, and marketplace trends is essential. Fluency in Adobe creative suite, as well as the ability and enthusiasm for all things digital and presentation, are a must.
- Minimum 5-years of experience as a designer responsible for all deliverables within like category.
- Design Educational background
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and Sketch product proposals and directions through a Dockers brand lens.
- Research trends, regionally as well as globally. Contribute to trend conversation and analysis within the Design Team and the greater cross-functional team.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all design data (BOM / Tech Pack / Visual BOM / CLO Renderings / Errata / MRP Etc.)
- Meet deadlines according to the GTM
- Train junior and assistant level designers on day-to-day process, tasks, and ways of working.
- Conduct research into the marketplace where Dockers is sold.
- Sketch in adobe as well as other 3d digital programs and participate in the conversations regarding strategy and deliverables for sketch and component review and FLA.
- Contribute to Design Team preparations for all Milestone Meetings.
- Participate in fittings, ensuring that the design team is prepared with all necessary tools and samples prior to fitting. Ensure clarity of communication by compiling any notes and sending recaps as necessary.
- Contribute and in some cases, participate in design-led presentations.
- Review prototypes and mock-ups and ensure correct and accurate comments.
- Ensure the organization of all samples and design tools.
- Participate creatively throughout the season to support the overall design direction.
- Brief and track sundry approvals.
- Brief and track pattern approvals in collaboration with manager, fabric developer, CAD designer
- Communicate clearly and professionally with the cross-functional teams.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with Design partners and Leaders.
- Keep Design Director updated on all pertinent issues requiring cross-functional alignment or category-specific strategy.
- Represent the Design Team at cross-functional meetings of your peers and elevate to your manager any action points or items needing alignment.
- Contribute to all functions of the Design Team as the needs of the team evolve.