One of our exciting skin care and cosmetic-products client is looking for a Sr. Designer on the Visual Merchandising team. We are looking for a designer who understands a whimsical charm, with a clean and brightly driven nuanced aesthetic. The priority for this role is a strong sense of design, as it relates to a retail store, with past experience in beauty, luxury beauty or cosmetic brands.
Experience preferred with instore signage, seasonal towers, and overall consumer-in-store experience and global retail brand activation.
If you have Visual Merchandising or 3D experience very helpful, but will train the right candidate in SketchUp and other needed 3D software.
This role can also be referred to as: Senior Brand Designer, Visual Merchandising Designer, or Retail Design (2D + 3D)
The Designer/Visual Merchandising is a seasoned visual communicator who creates, owns and drives the design and development of variety of 2D and 3D retail deliverables alongside the Creative Director. This position ensures an exceptional consumer experience in support of the brand's overall in-store brand strategy.
- Collaborating closely with Creative Director and Senior Visual Merchandising Manager and marketing partners, adapt global branded campaigns to visual merchandising deliverables in international markets; ensuring brand consistency and with sustainability efforts at the forefront.
- Execute precise planograms and incorporating branded campaign elements, skillful graphic design and production for signage, strips, home bay fixtures, seasonal towers and more for international markets.
- Concept creative solutions to enrich the consumer experience in global retail brand activations.
- Design and render environments and merchandising fixtures in 3D software; direct 3D renderer to execute creative concepts.
- Source props and materials for in-store activations with a focus on sustainability.
- Coordinate with production companies on preproduction and build of physical spaces and fixtures, providing direction and artwork and ensuring the best result is achieved.
- Review technical drawings, material specifications and all design details for accuracy and budget alignment.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including marketing, creative operations and operations on all projects to ensure marketing objectives, milestones and delivery dates are met.
- Communicate effectively with creative, marketing and creative operations teams to ensure quality and consistency in all aspects of campaign execution.
- Follow and maintain brand identity characteristics, typography, photography, color etc.
- Execute digital and print production as needed, preparing final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing.
- Oversee and coordinate the production process; develop production specifications, and select appropriate production media and materials, such as ink and paper; inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
- Catalog finished artwork and maintain organized files.
- Demonstrate polished, innovative, confident, graphic design skills with an emphasis on typography and layout;
exhibit a passion about design and an ability to clearly communicate design concepts.
- Have an informed POV about the latest technology and design trends, always looking for ways to tell our brand story in new and compelling ways.
- Thinking strategically, design with the goal of meeting business objectives, contributing creative ideas to improve the end product.
- Maintain and develop excellent communication with production companies, fabricators, printers and other external resources ensuring the best services, products and prices are achieved.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously through their life-cycles in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment ensuring deliverables are achieved on time and on budget while maintaining a high standard; prioritizing short term and long term tasks.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Anticipate graphic design/merchandising needs, implementing creative solutions that push the creative so that the look and feel is unique yet “on brand”.
- Demonstrate project ownership, problem-solving ability, follow-through and responsiveness regardless of project size or scope.
- Demonstrate command of applicable software: Adobe Creative Suite and 3D rendering software.
Portfolio = showing Brand Design, Retail Design, Store Design both 3D and 2D. (Signage, Displays, Planograms, Rendering Concepts, etc)