Our client, a growing beauty brand is looking for a Sr. Digital Copywriter with direct response experience. This is a four month contract with potential to extend that is remote. Must be able to work PST hours if located in another time zone. Open to 20-40 hours a week depending on candidate.
The Sr. Digital Copywriter will play a central role across various brands and multiple acquisition channels by connecting strategic insights into inspiring digital ideas. We are looking for a conceptual thinker, a skilled communicator, and a valuable creative partner that knows digital inside and out and how to persuade a customer to purchase. We are a fast-paced company and we take pride in the quality of our team and work.
About You: You understand that users' time is limited, and space constraints are always a concern. You always tell a story whether through a Facebook ad or a product advertorial. You have a love and feel for language and do not consider content complete until you've checked the spelling and grammar. A detailed style guide gets you excited, but you know how to make do without one. You know when to be flexible, but always maintain high standards for original concepts and detailed executions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write in-product messaging, effective emails, website content, blogs
• Take input from different team members and craft it into simple, succinct copy that puts the user first
• Work closely with design, product, engineering, marketing, and partnership teams to help deliver best in class digital experiences
• Keep the tone and experiences across our different products aligned and consistent
• Consistently follow industry best practices and apply them to our communications
• Develop and apply an understanding of information architecture, multi-step flows, and the ability to craft copy that guides users through the process
• Share your work early and often to make sure all team members are aligned on the outcome
• Generate on-the-pulse, SEO-rich creative merchandising + ad copy to build innovative campaigns and acquire customers: ad headlines, taglines, quips, stories, product descriptions, scripts
• Experience in scripting and storyboarding with a strong understanding of how various platforms influence the ideas we create
• Effectively detail features and benefits of beauty products in a creative, compelling manner while maintaining brand voice and tone
• Understand strategic goals and content needs across paid categories
• Analyze both qualitative and quantitative data to support your work and continually improve on messaging
• Ensure copy maintains accuracy as well as consistent voice and style across all touchpoints
• Manage workflow and task list within the work management tool software.
Experience and Skills:
• At least 7 years of experience as a copywriter in product, advertising (including in-house), or any other related writing discipline
• Able to work semi-autonomously - you can take a project from start to finish, doing your own research and keeping people informed along the way
• Organization is key - you are able to work on multiple projects without missing deadlines or slowing down the team
• Curiosity - you actively ask questions, follow market trends, and study what other brands are doing in the web and mobile space
• You are persistent, able to apply feedback, and follow through on projects
• Self-motivator and self-starter who is ever curious about creativity, marketing, tech, the world at large, and anything else that will improve your craft
• You are comfortable in the tech space - in other words, you’re able to handle shifting priorities, quick turnarounds, and you find uncharted areas to be exciting, promising, and full of opportunities
• Clear communication is key - you’re able to clearly share ideas, concepts, and the strategic thinking behind them in a way that everyone easily understands
• Data is your friend - you’re able to take past learnings and apply them to continually improve messaging
• You’re a strong individual contributor but you understand that the best work comes from collaboration and different points of view
• Management experience a plus
Send your portfolio today!