This is a project-based role, where the digital designer will focus on designing marketing experiences and layouts for the app, but may include work across all digital channels, including but not limited to: ecom/mcom, email, organic social and paid media. The role works in a fast-paced environment and collaborates with creative team leaders, other designers, copywriters, marketers, developers, producers and art directors.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Digital Design.
- Create layouts based on briefs, brand strategy, brand aesthetic and guidelines
- Create multiple design concepts for internal reviews with design managers and directors
- Makes GIF animations and motion graphics in Photoshop, After Effects and/or Premiere. Ability to export video clips as GIFs.
- Optimize, prepare and deliver files
- Collaborate cross-functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with company’s weekly initiatives
- Partner, collaborate with and take direction from leadership.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with company’s initiatives. Leverage strategy, analytics and brand insights
- Receive and implement feedback from key stakeholders
- Customer-centric thinker. Continually absorbs customer insights and applies knowledge strategically.
- Express your ideas and work clearly through presentations with your team and business partners
- Detail-oriented and organized.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Graphic or Web Design
- 2+ years digital design experience
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Typography and typography hierarchy knowledge
- Solid knowledge of digital media
- Highly proficient in Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop , CC libraries and thorough knowledge of the latest Adobe CC programs
- Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
- After Effects skills are a plus
- Working knowledge of Keynote and InVision
- Knows how to optimize images and animations for various digital platforms
- Understands how to design for various devices, viewports and retina
- Has a sharp eye for design and elevated aesthetic
- Strong attention to detail and is organized
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Ensures quality control with a quick turnaround
- You’re a self-sufficient problem solver with a problem-solving mentality
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and fluid business priorities
- Possesses grace-under-pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication style
- Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player
- Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with web developers
- Stays current on competitive landscape