Job descriptionSalary: $55-$62K w/$3K annual bonus
Location: Atlanta, GA
The SEM Media Strategist position will manage various advanced digital platforms to drive media strategies. This person will run point for strategic pre-planning, campaign architecture, onboarding and post campaign insights for their assigned platforms. This person will be an analytical thinker and flexible team player with an understanding of search engine marketing to join our paid media team. Applicant will have an opportunity to help grow a full-service digital marketing company specializing in branding, traffic acquisition, and conversion optimization.
- Actively implement and manage paid search to the clients’ weekly, monthly and quarterly budget goals.
- Maintain high levels of current knowledge of best practices and strategies in the management of online paid media.
- Develop media campaign strategies to align with client KPIs.
- Ensure campaign architecture aligns with client campaign goals.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of key client information including general business strategy, industry topics, products and services offered, key customers and competitors in the marketplace.
- Establish projections and estimates based on varying budgets, scenarios or goals – for both existing clients and potential clients
- Onboard campaigns and follow QA process.
- Formulate campaign strategies, researching keywords & potential marketing channels, analyzing competitors, and testing.
- Ongoing account optimization, including structure and targeting improvements (geo, targeting, day-parting, and URL).
- Analyze and use data to A/B test and make informed decisions across all dimensions.
- Develop and create quarterly business reviews which outlines performance, insights from testing, and key strategic opportunities. Communicate performance results and strategy recommendations to the sales & secure buy-in from decision makers.
- Utilize analytics and attribution tools to develop insights and action items intended to improve performance and meet client KPIs including but not limited to Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, and platform reporting.
- Maintain certifications relevant to line of business.
- Day to day platform point of contact for vendor, finance and sales collaboration
- Acts as a subject matter expert on campaign best practices and industry updates.
- Acts as a gate-keeper in identifying red flags and recommending proactive solutions to mitigate risk. Resolve platform and campaign issues pro-actively and expediently; work cross departmentally for issue resolution when needed.
- Attend internal sales and client calls as needed
- 2+ years of experience managing client advertising for another website or digital business. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience managing pay-per-click (PPC/SEM) campaigns.
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Economics, or Related Field.
- Experience with CTR, CPC, CPA or ROI goals
- Google Ads, Bing, Google Analytics Certification Preferred
- IAB certification preferred
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Experience with Campaign Manager
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong teamwork, communication and brain-storming
- Good troubleshooting skills and a love of solving problems
- Ability to adapt quickly and seamlessly in an ever-changing environment