ABOUT THIS ROLE
The digital production artist is a key player on our energetic and fast-paced digital creative team. The core purpose of this position is to develop and deliver creative assets across our digital omni ecosystem (mobile and ecommerce, app, email, social and paid media), contributing to a best-in-class customer experience. The digital production artist is experienced in digital production design and has an acute attention to detail, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel. This role requires a high level of collaboration and takes art direction from the design team. It requires being open to feedback and capacity to make multiple rounds of changes. This position reports to the manager of digital design production.
Assets will be used for our website (desktop/mobile), app, email, organic social and paid media.
Assist in the creation of seasonal and evergreen content for site, app, events “splash” site, and paid media banners while adhering to existing design templates and brand guidelines
Slice and deliver assets according to guidelines, working with WCD and/or CMS
Provide guidelines as necessary to WCD Q/A all site refreshes
Work with our prepress department to achieve high quality, retouched product and lifestyle imagery, as well as manage color changes to ensure consistency and color accuracy.
Organize, maintain, and archive digital production assets in preparation for weekly and seasonal launches.
Follows brand standards, guidelines and art direction provided by designers and art directors.
Maintains cross-functional workflow processes and standards.
Participates in weekly and seasonal site and email testing and QA.
Creates, maintains and is consistently improving on templates for the design team to work from.
Optimizes files and localization workflows using slices, smart objects, layer comps, and CC libraries.
Collaborates with designers, copywriters, art directors, prepress, developers, brand and marketing teams, as well as trafficking team, to develop, iterate and deliver creative assets.
Assist design team with presentations, mockups, and sometimes design if needed.
Ensures a high level of quality and that assets are of high resolution, color is accurate, file sizes meet requirements, etc.
Customer-centric thinker. Continually absorbs customer insights and applies knowledge strategically.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
• BA in Graphic or Web Design
• 2+ years production artist or design experience
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Understanding of typography and hierarchy skills
• Has a sharp eye for design, an elevated aesthetic and maintains integrity and intention of designs
• Strong attention to detail
• Possesses a growth mindset
• Ability to juggle many projects at once, while maintaining quality control with a quick turnaround
• You’re a self-sufficient problem solver
• Experience working cross-functionally across many teams and departments
• Open-minded and calm under pressure, with the ability to handle a high volume of work and deliver on fast turnarounds
• Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player
• Must be open to feedback and comfortable with making multiple rounds of changes
• Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with designers and web developers
• Resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Solid knowledge of digital media
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and thorough knowledge of the latest Adobe CC programs
• Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
• Ability to create GIFs and motion graphics. After Effects skills are a plus.
• Working knowledge of XD and Keynote
• Understands responsive design, how to design for various devices, viewports and retina
. • Understanding of photo retouching and color correction. Can also be hands-on.