Our client, a popular cosmetics and skincare brand, is looking for a Director of Amazon and Dot Com Strategy to join their Digital team, working closely with ecomm, Sales, and Ops leads across four brand lines. This role is remote but proximity to Seattle, WA or Los Angeles, CA is preferred.
- As the owner of the Amazon digital sales channel, you are responsible for growing our relationship with Amazon, expanding our assortment, collaborating with Ops to improve fill rates and reduce chargebacks, and manage the Amazon P&L.
- Develop and execute against the plan for international Amazon growth in collaboration with the VP of digital commerce and AVP of International
- Build a strong, collaborative partnership with the Operations team to optimize sku-by-sku forecast accuracy. Partner together to optimize the overall planning process and communication.
- Daily management of Amazon Marketing vendor, including guiding weekly and daily prioritization; reviewing, analyzing, and disseminating agency reports; building test and learn plans to optimize reviews, copy, and creative content; and keeping a beat on competitive activities and strategies on Amazon to ensure the brand remains competitive within relevant trending categories
- Partner with Customer Service team to ensure poor product reviews/experiences are tracked and addressed
- Collaboration with Integrated Marketing team on test and learn approaches to improve conversion within AMZ using Amazon Marketing Services, and in some cases, paid media
- Lead analysis to determine if/when strategic extensions should be carried on Amazon, and in what capacity
- Manage S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) conversations for Amazon
Dot Com Strategy:
Optimization of Top Accounts
- Close collaboration with Sales to improve dot com penetration and YoY growth across top dot com accounts including Walmart.com, Target.com, and Ulta.com
- Identify which unique audiences to target by account, and how to tailor copy and content accordingly, with an eye for improving education (how to use our products, which accessories to use, which product is right for each skin type, etc.)
- Strategize around key seasonal opportunities to build unique eventized experiences per account
- Provide guidance on paid opportunities by channel
- Drive digital POV on forecasting and marketing of account-specific collaborations and exclusive partnerships
- Identify opportunities to pedestal new and emerging brands
Growth Strategies for Emerging and International Accounts
- Partner with Sales to identify top priority emerging accounts and strategies in which to drive improved placement, increased assortment, and revenue growth across these accounts
- Serve as strategic guide, with collaboration with Sales and International, driving the evolution of the brand’s international digital expansion strategy in the dot com space
- 8+ years of ecommerce and retailer dot com experience. Amazon experience is critical.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in driving the reach and growth of a consumer-packaged good brand in the digital space and successfully managing a P&L
- Experience with forecasting and managing a complex assortment strategy for a brand with thousands of skus in market
- Familiarity with consumer identity, privacy, and security needs
- High level of comfort presenting and communicating with senior executives inside the organization and with external senior partners
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching with ease in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and highly collaborative environment
- Experienced with analytics and BI tools such as Excel, Power BI, Tabs Analytics, and Google Analytics (GA4)
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented