Director of Marketing – CPG
Location: ATL (hybrid on/off-site)
Industry: CPG ( experience a must!)
We are working with a progressive-thinking, personal hygiene company. They are reinventing the way people think about these taboo topics! The product is made of real, simple ingredients and they’re environmentally friendly.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing who is excited to build and run a marketing operation that takes our brand to the next level. Ideally, you’re a data-driven strategist, with a CPG background that reports directly to the CEO. You should be passionate about brand, but equally pragmatic and focused on productivity. Your number one objective will be to get product off the shelves for our national, regional, and local retail partners (from Target, CVS to regional grocers)
Responsibilities and Duties:
As the Director of Marketing, you will have complete oversite of the marketing department and all its operations. You will work to direct their external agencies. That responsibility includes assessing and creating our company’s annual marketing plans and longer-range marketing strategy, and then planning and executing on all marketing efforts. Cross channel and category brand alignment is critical for growth, as you and your department will support our sales team in getting products off shelves at our retail partners locations.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Marketing Strategy and Audience
- Shopper Marketing
- Management and Operations
- Social Media & Influencer Marketing
- As our ideal candidate, you will have 5-7 years of brand management experience with a CPG company or with an emerging brand. The Personal Care category is a big-time bonus.
- Experience managing social media marketing and the ensuing data insights for a CPG branded company across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Tiktok.
- A demonstrated ability to shape and implement a brand’s growth through marketing strategy. Show us how you’ve done it so we will know how you’re going to do it!
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. A willingness to discuss and share opinions and influence with consumer insights, as well as your experience.
- A high level of emotional intellect. You will need to be comfortable reading the room and engaging with the senior team and board members on a regular basis.
- Highly motivated, well organized, self-starter; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, inside of an entrepreneurial, startup environment.
- Advanced skills (ease/speed) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the Google Suite.
- Experience with Klavio and Shopify is a plus.
- Experience managing projects that intersect marketing operations, design, and advertising… and often with our agency friends.
- Competitive pay
- Generous PTO plan.
- Full health insurance coverage (including dental + vision).
- A fast-paced environment with a passionate, dedicated team.
- Opportunities to directly work with the co-founders and other senior leadership team members. Be a decision maker.