Director of Marketing
Director of Digital Marketing Overview:
The Sr. Director of Marketing Services oversees in-house agency operations and manages internal and external client account services. This includes B2B as well as consumer-facing customer acquisition and retention, and account-specific marketing programs and tactics.
Director of Marketing Responsibilities:
• General Marketing and Creative
o Work with CMO, Sales, and Leadership teams to develop the annual Marketing Plan and budget.
o Be knowledgeable in on trend and trend forward marketing design aesthetic (digital, social, print, other media, experiential, retail, fashion and market segment specific, e.g. healthcare, food service, transportation, etc) in order to make recommendations and implement the marketing strategy.
o Create methods to insure that marketing and sales support is continuously improving and not only meets but exceeds customer expectations.
o Oversee selection process and then manage outside agencies and vendors directly or through direct reports
• Sales Support / Revenue Driving
o Support company Sales teams by developing and collaboratively executing customer acquisition strategies and tactics such as market segment research, customer research, consumer research, advertising/media, digital marketing, tradeshows, retail account specific programs
o Oversee and assist Sales and Leadership teams by producing elements for new business pitches including but not limited to RFI/RFP response packages, tradeshows, meetings including presentations and experiential or packaging elements
o Develop consumer facing marketing plans where appropriate including advertising and promotions campaigns to increase brand awareness and move consumers along the customer journey leading to optimal lifetime value
• Creative Direction / Project Management
o Direct the execution of all marketing and sales materials in partnership with MSR department creative management including catalogs, presentation decks, boards, social media, digital and other advertising creative, photography, copy, tradeshow materials, etc.
o Project manage the creative and production process for all marketing and sales materials, utilizing the company’s approved system Wrike – digital creative brief, project traffic system, digital approval system. Also ensure the team is managing other systems including digital asset management ( Image Relay) system., Slack for internal team communication.
o Responsible for In-house photo and video studio
• Tradeshows and Events
o Manage tradeshow calendar; ensure elements produced and delivered on time/budget. Report metrics, tasks, key learnings 30 days post-show.
o Attends corporate and industry related events and shows in order to keep abreast of competitive environment and consumer trends and make recommendations to the strategy based on these trends.
o Support company events by developing event relevant materials (booth design, gift items, experiences)
Director of l Marketing Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree required
• 8+ years of successful experience in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer product marketing in house or at an advertising or marketing agency. Retail, Apparel or equivalent marketing experience a plus..
• 5+ years of management experience
• Experience developing RFI/RFP response packages as well as presentations for multi-million dollar sales opportunities.
• Advanced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Experience using Wrike a plus
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Bridge)
• Fact–Based Management – View the organization as an open system, synthesize information from diverse sources, come to conclusions, and make decisions that are rational and based on sound evidence.
• Communicating – Ability to convey information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. Perceive how the message affects the receiver and strive to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message.
• Business Acumen – Ability to make sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in one’s own discipline or functional area.
• Driving Results – Motivate individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, clarifying performance expectations, agreeing to high standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance, and providing timely and relevant feedback.
• Creativity and Innovation – Ability to tend toward divergent thinking and have the propensity to question existing practices; challenge commonly held assumptions; originate new or radical alternatives to traditional methods, processes, and products; and build on others’ ideas.
• Process Management – take a systematic approach to making the company’s workflow more effective,
efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment.
• Planning and Priority Setting – identify the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or realize an idea. This competency requires developing detailed action or project plans including objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies.
• Team Building – Enable and encourage group members to work together to complete tasks and accomplish goals that individual members could not accomplish alone.
• Strategic Thinking – Ability to develop and help drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision that describes how the organization needs to operate now and in the future.