Director of Regulatory Affairs
Our client is a well-known haircare company that is seeking a new Director of Regulatory Affairs to join their team!
The Director of Regulatory Affairs is accountable for all legal and regulatory compliance of new and existing products + tools, artwork and communications for the companies brands. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge and understanding of global regulations and proven history of successful creation and implementation of strategies to protect and grow the business.
Director of Regulatory Affairs Responsibilities:
- Ensure all legal and regulatory compliance of new and existing products + tools, artwork and communications for all brands.
- Actively follow new and upcoming regulatory changes for all target markets globally and work closely with Product Development to ensure all products comply throughout the product lifecycle.
- Track new and upcoming regulatory changes for all target markets globally and present the findings quarterly to relevant cross functional departments.
- Develop timely solutions to real or potential regulatory issues throughout the product lifecycle.
- Create raw materials database for systematic check of all current and new raw materials to ensure regulatory compliance for usage/country as well as brand profile compliance.
- Lead the B-Corp initiative for regulatory involvement.
- Create new and optimize existing SOP’s and systems to support seamless regulatory operations.
- Analyze and communicate accurate risk assessments as needed.
- Oversee and participate in country registration with distributors and third-party certifiers, such as Biorius, Intertek, SGS, TUV.
- Oversee and participate in the regulatory review, revision and approval process on all artwork and marketing materials including but not limited to: copy, claims, labeling requirements, warnings.
- Oversee and participate in formula and raw material compliance review and assessment.
Director of Regulatory Affairs Qualifications:
- 7+ years working in Regulatory Affairs within the Beauty Industry.
- BA in Chemistry, Masters preferred.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of USA, Canada and European regulations, including but not limited to: FDA, USA Federal Fair Packaging + Labeling Act, Prop 65, Health Canada, European Commission and UL standards/requirements.
- Forward-thinker with hindsight to anticipate potential future regulations and proactively communicate and act upon them when required.
- Proven ability to build regulatory processes and systems.
- Detail orientated, organized, multi-tasking, enthusiastic leader with a proven history of successfully mentoring, motivating, and developing a team.
*Location: Hybrid schedule; in office and remote options, with 3-4 mandatory trips per year to HQ in Brooklyn, NY (paid by company)
*Additional job requirement: This job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
- An inclusive environment amplifies employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy - and pursuing B-Corp certification!
- Shared core values among staff who are passionate about what they do