Start Date: July 19th
Salary: Up to $160k for Sr. Director level
There is a bonus structure:
20-30% for Director level
25-37% for Sr. Director level
Would love to see candidates who have outdoor experience North Face, Patagonia
You will be managing the Men's Category - Knits, Shirts, etc.
- Responsible for the timely development and commercialization of apparel products, ensuring products meet company standards for cost, performance, fit, function, and aesthetics.
- Work on a team comprised of designers, technical designers, production managers and product managers whose responsibilities include managing the successful launch of all new products within the designated categories. Includes building product to meet company gross margin objectives and managing to the departmental and company line calendar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive for continual improvement and innovation; sponsor newness
• Drive and evolve a Technical Design strategy; operations, methods, measures of effectiveness
• Influencing the supplier’s manufacturing processes and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations
• Build an end to end process including key time and action checkpoints: Manage team’s development and commercialization calendar timeline and process to ensure on-time development and production.
• Articulate brand standards to all parties, agents, and final manufacturers
• Benchmark our fit and quality standards against other key competitor companies to ensure best in class fit and construction
• Understand business drivers and performance Management
• Manage technical design team (4 direct reports)
• Oversee reviewing of all samples: measure and evaluate materials, workmanship, construction, fit, function, production feasibility and communicate with production managers/factories/agents
• Travel to Sourcing offices and/or factories to work with technical teams to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities
. • Manage/develop master grading and tolerance table
• Manage/develop block patterns
• Manage/develop construction & quality standards
• Manage counter sampling/duplicate sourcing programs
• Ensure consistent fit/construction amongst team of technical designers
• Attend and oversee fit sessions – head advisory for pattern corrections
• Be SME for PLM System
• Personally manage men’s category (midlayer, knits/wovens)
• Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
• Proven experience in developing long-term relationships, and negotiating strategic agreements to ensure constant cost and quality improvements.
• Exceptional written, oral and face-to-face communication skills.
• Detail orientation with outstanding follow-through.
• Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and work independently of supervision.
• Fast acting and capable of adapting quickly to change.
• Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator, MS Office, Word and Excel
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, BA or BS preferred
• 15 years experience in product development/ technical design