Our client, is looking for a Street Wear Apparel Designer for an immediate project to work on to help create the collection for a new brand.
Located in DTLA onsite 2-3 days a week
Apparel Designer Overview:
As the Apparel Designer, you will be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new apparel design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
Apparel Designer Responsibilities:
- Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
- Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
- Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
- Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
- Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
Apparel Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as an Apparel Designer
- Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims • Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Please submit your portfolio today!