Job descriptionOur client, an Entertainment Agency, is looking for a Finishing Editor to join their team. This will be full time/direct hire and hybrid at their Burbank office!
Send your resumes today!
We are searching for a talented, full-time Online/Finishing Editor. Must be focused, detail-oriented and able to work quickly in a high-pressure deadline-driven environment. Versatility and flexibility are essential. We are looking for a service-oriented, client-facing team player that can work cooperatively and collaborate to produce the best possible product.
The ideal candidate for this position is:
• Someone who works well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, work environment with high levels of communication and collaboration
• Someone forward-thinking, who can troubleshoot potential issues before they occur
• Someone who maintains a positive attitude through tight deadlines and fast turnarounds
• Someone who enjoys the technical background of Post Production, and is not seeking a creative editorial path
• Someone with 1-2 years of experience in a Post/Finishing facility or a heavy technical background in Post/Finishing
• Someone willing to work overtime when necessary
• Work with Finishing Supervisor to determine the condition of project preps and scope of work in order to construct in and out of house approval and delivery files
• Confirm finished assets against final reference
• Confirm delivery assets are within finishing memo specs
• Alert Finishing Supervisor to review and approve finished assets before sending to client
• Creating finishing documents (Music Cue Sheets, Logs, Scripts, Shot Lists, etc)
• Identify and callout incorrect, missing and/or low-quality sources
• Basic Transcoding and conforming
• Quality Check all cuts and assets for audio, picture, and graphics before sending links to clients
• Maintain organized servers by properly managing media assets
• Understanding of LTO and basic archiving
• Provide technical/workflow support and trouble-shooting to other divisions as needed Software, skills, and knowledge
• Deep understanding of wrappers, codecs, frame rates, aspect ratios, conversion/compression techniques, Mac hardware, applicable third-party hardware (NeoFinder, Compressor, EasyFind, Microsoft Office)
• Basic understanding of Box, WireDrive, HighTail, Mediascilo, Aspera, etc
• Adobe Suite and DaVinci Resolve