Job descriptionTHE ROLE:
We're looking for team members to join an instrumental and collaborative team in the Digital Experience and Ecommerce Platform group of our company. You'll be working on high-impact, high-visibility products such as the Ecommerce site, as well as building and maintaining tooling to enable the efficacy of other teams within the space.
The team is a diverse, cross-functional team with complete ownership of their products, and the empowerment to help enable other teams to be better at what they do. The members of this team will be instrumental in shaping the future of our company, as well as the digital presence, over the course of this year and into next. We have a lot of big wins planned for this year, and we'd like you to join us in the pursuit of them.
- You engage actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization, and continuously seeks to improve practices and methodology.
- Working collaboratively with technical and business team members comes naturally to you, developing and maintaining business solutions following Agile development principles and practices.
- You design and develop applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and re-use.
- You can provide technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing.
- Setting and adhering to software coding and style guides comes as second nature to you, ensuring consistency, as does participating in pair-programming and code review.
- You have experience supporting and troubleshoots problems with existing applications in production.
- You consider yourself a self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment, with a strong sense of personal accountability.
- You possess excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and be self-directed.
- You have some passion about continuously improving organizational practices.
- Thorough understanding of software development principles (Analysis and Design).
- Extensive experience and proficiency with Cross-browser, cross-platform development. Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver pixel perfect implementations.
- Robust understanding of server-side development and an in-depth understanding of other related technologies, including NodeJS, Java/J2EE, and similar back-end technologies.
- Experience with website performance, security, and accessibility.
- Experience with Mobile platform development. - Experience designing and implementing WebServices (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies highly desirable.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
- Experience in developing and driving SOA strategies within large enterprises and deploying SOA implementations to production a big plus.