A curious, creative and highly organized product developer with a passion for science, research, ingredients and the world of skincare. As the Product Development Manager, you will report directly to the Executive Director of Product Development and be responsible for the development and launch of skincare products on a global scale. You will oversee the conceptualization, development, evaluation and commercialization of new products and formula improvements.
- Co-developing project briefs with the Executive Director of PD.
- Working with contract manufacturers and chemists to execute product development briefs, track progress on development and drive timelines for on-time launches.
- Tracking, evaluating and recording lab submission feedback and requesting necessary modifications.
- Coordinating all efficacy, stability and clinical testing.
- Preparing formula approval dossiers.
- Lead and monitor each project’s critical path activities and stage-gate process, providing timely updates, helping address roadblocks, identifying risks and creating contingency plans to present to senior management.
- Responsible for coordinating cross functional teams to ensure project deliverables and timeline commitments are achieved on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Regulatory to produce and substantiate product claims, key ingredient stories, and features & benefits summaries.
- Build an understanding of the global skincare category and regional consumer differences to help identify gaps in product assortment and new business opportunities.
- Play an active role in the development of a 3–5-year innovation strategy
- Develop and foster close and strong relationships with raw material suppliers and other key vendors to learn about the latest trends and technologies.
- Help identify new contract formulators and manufacturers that can become strategic partners to the brand and help drive innovation in the category.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in product development.
- Extensive experience in the beauty/personal care industry.
- Research-focused. Ability to translate the latest research studies into products and communications.
- Knowledge of ingredient efficacy, regulatory affairs, stage-gate processes and project management.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and adept prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work either independently or with cross-functional teams in a fast moving, fast changing environment.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability.