NYC METRO AREA ONLY!
As Senior Manager you will be accountable to help drive our most iconic Brand in Consumer Beauty, influence the Brands innovation agenda, identifying relevant consumer trends, unmet needs, frustrations, competitive activity that can fuel winning initiatives and long term strategy.
As Senior Manager you will be responsible not only to deliver timely insights on specific projects, but you will also be responsible to own the Global yearly learning plan for each of these Brands, defining priority questions and identifying key focus areas to drive the business within given budget. You will play a strong role in unifying key multi-functional team stakeholders end to end behind your learning plan aligning the core questions needed to drive the business forward. You will support the Global team transform the brand creative expression and campaign ideas by bringing the consumer voice to the table and identifying meaningful language to propel into the next 3-5 years.
You will achieve success in the role by working closely with the team and activating a robust understanding of the consumers/ shoppers, markets and competition to drive innovation, equity and volumetric as needed.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
Your key areas of responsibility will be the following:
- Drive strong consumer centricity and the yearly Global learning agenda. Align the Brand VP, key stakeholders & review quarterly to ensure LP reflects latest priorities.
- Contribute to Innovation development and establish a risk-based Learning plan mindset in the team to manage the business risk. Validate and optimize ideas that lead to a sufficient pipeline via ad-hoc primary research.
- Uncover insights to fuel Brands Campaign ideas, inform executions and TVC asset transferability.
- Own understanding of global Brand foundations and dynamics and recommending ways to build bigger initiatives via base business halo.
- Support the work on Whitespace opportunities (new consumers, adjacencies, etc.) via a robust understanding of Category, consumers, shoppers’ dynamic.
- Leverage macro trends understanding to define where should play. Embed insights in the business to drive winning innovation that refreshes the Brand, driving differentiation in a meaningful way.
- Deliver balanced views on key business gap using existing research & broader sources of data
- Bring the consumer/shopper to life in an impactful way including actionable understanding of motivations, attitudes and behaviors.
In this full-time role, you will report into the CB Innovation Transformation S. Director.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
To be successful in this role, you will bring solid professional expertise in global consumer and market insights, analytics expertise and a strong understanding and application of evidence-based marketing principles.
We are looking for a proven ability to build and drive strategic insights into business decision making, preferably in the beauty and / or luxury industries (Cosmetics, Nail care, Skin care, Fragrance …).
Experience on driving both Consumers and Shopper insights, Global and local level, proven agility in managing complex project work, understanding principles of Brand Volumetric and initiative incrementality are appreciated.
You are positive, constructive ad understand how to influence positively and collaborate strongly with the MFT team and with vendors to deliver your work and drive what is best for the brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 8+ years agency or FMCG experience, preferably on a number of brands within Beauty (mass or prestige).
- 5+ years client-side experience – in both qual and quant techniques (including neuro science, semiotics, Statistics…), with a proven ability to manage complex questions.
- Strong Commercial sense to ensure actionability of results and influencing successfully across locations.
- High level of executive maturity and communication skills to interact and influence all levels of the business.
- Knowledge and expertise in a range of ad hoc market research techniques, particularly: Innovation pipeline (Concept development, product testing, Claim testing), Advertising development, Pricing (Conjoint), Shopper research, Syndicated research (eg Nielsen, Kantar), Bases Volume Forecast
- Ability to leverage / integrate existing data sets when information is not available
- Experience of managing budgets and working with suppliers to ensure actionable results, on time, best cost
- Passion to bring the consumer to life, and place the consumer at the heart of our business decisions
- Strong problem-solving techniques; curious, team player and leader; attention to detail / good project management. You know how to translate complex data into a key take outs with your analytical mindset.
- Strong communication (Verbal and written) and presentation ability. Ability to work across different levels in the organization and across different teams to ensure everyone is updated on key timelines and/or decisions
- Concise, integrated thinking and storytelling: boil down multiple data points into a simple but powerful story that drives decisions and outputs
- Project management: Organized, structured and always have an overview of all the deliverables. You know how to bring multiple projects to a successful ending within the given timeframe.
- Ability to drive clarity and Agility: You don’t get easily stressed by a fluid environment, on the opposite, you get energized by the opportunity to drive clarity for the team, you are quick to adapt as new information becomes available.
- Team player with strong passion for winning and a bias for action You believe in strong collaboration, leverage diversity of thinking and love to win. You are future oriented, are not bounded by the status-quo but recognize what can be improved and have a bias for action.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- Competitive salary + company benefits
- This is a real opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team who are passionate about the work they do.