About the Role:
Our client, a global tech company, is looking for experienced and highly motivated visual designers and UX designers, but ideally, would love to find designers who are hybrid and can do both. The company's internal agency focuses on offering marketing, strategy, design, content, and production capabilities and is responsible for the expression of the brand in every experience delivered. The professional must have a strong attention towards strategic, simple, smart design, and a keen eye for a modernist approach to typography and information design. The right candidate should have conceptual skills with identity systems, and experience working across media. Work will include a range of assets and projects, including online, digital, data visualization, print, social, video, and events.
• Execute projects from conception, design, through execution.
• Produce deliverables from print to online and multimedia.
• Bring abstract concepts to life though typography, illustration, iconography and photography.
• Deep understanding of the brand's business strategies and goals.
• Command of brand’s vision, systems, and documentation.
• Contribute to style guides, UI toolkits, and other design documents, as needed.
• Produce comps and assist with presentation preparations.
• Work with senior design team members to establish priority, fidelity and delivery of tasks.
• Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Speak and present to range of stakeholders.
• Ensure quality control and outcomes.
• 3-5+ years of relevant experience in a digital design position.
• Designing experiences across media.
• Utilizing knowledge of grids, typography, graphic design, color, layout, iconography, imagery, and design patterns and systems to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects.
• Problem solving and idea generation, effectively visualizing and creating concepts into the end products.
• Investigating, innovating, and developing trends in creative with an emphasis on brand experience and design.
• Actively seeking feedback and review of work; accept and act upon creative/technical direction.
• Taking direction well and being nimble to extend designs across platforms.
• Distinguishing good design from bad, careless from well-conceived and crafted.
• Thriving in an agile development environment and team.
• Being passionate, confident, empathetic, positive and approachable.
• Attention-to-detail, strong organizational skills and time management.
• Collaboration with others–stakeholders, technical teams, partners and other designers.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
• BFA or MFA in graphic design (or 3-5+ years of hands-on digital design experience)
• Applications: Adobe Creative Suite (highly proficient), Sketch a plus
• Applications: MS Office (.PPT), Github
• Front-end web technologies (HTML5, CSS, etc.) experience
• UI/UX experience
• Web standards experience and knowledge
• Animation and motion skills