- Graphic Artist: Braden Summers (Creative Director - email@example.com) and Shawn Jones (Senior Creative Director - firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our client's fast-paced Catalog Department is seeking a full-time, temporary catalog Graphic Artist to conceptualize and design printed marketing materials using Adobe software. They are looking for a passionate and motivated self-starter who possesses a high degree of personal accountability, a clear sense of ownership, and the ability to adapt to change quickly in a deadline-driven environment.
Your ability to follow a pre-defined style while composing images from the photo department and finding opportunities to evolve the design, will be a key function of this role. You must be able to, in collaboration with the creative director, sort through images from the photo department and compile options for approval. Communication is a hallmark of their team. You will be working with project managers, art directors, writers, marketers, and leadership, so effective communication skills and the ability to convey design ideas are keys to success.
This is an on-going temporary remote role, 40 hours a week.
Graphic Artist Responsibilities:
· Become an integral part of the creative team, where you will partner with writers the photo department and Art Directors to create catalog spreads that adhere to strong layout styles and templates.
· Brainstorm ideas for how to depict functionality of product while collaborating with other designers and the photo department
· Partnering with the Art Director to oversee and maintain ownership of assigned spreads from concept to design approval while keeping deadlines at the forefront of design work
· Compile images from the photo department to depict the best options of functionality for design approval.
Graphic Artist Qualifications:
· 3-5 years successful professional design and or catalog layout experience.
· Strong understanding of graphic design and the ability to create a printable image from several images using photoshop
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Figma.
· Timely knowledge of catalog layout and 4C large format printing process
· Proficiency in remote workflow tools
· Ability to autonomously, troubleshoot creative challenges and deliver on schedule
· Excellent project management and communication skills with the confidence to ask questions and take feedback and direction
· Extreme attention to detail
When applying, please include a web link to your portfolio.