Job descriptionGraphic Designer
Our client is looking for an influential leader to play a key role in driving enormous customer-centered value and join the team on their journey toward rapid growth.
Reporting directly to the Art Director, the Senior Graphic Designer will work directly with the Creative Design and Marketing teams to concept, design, develop, and implement all print, digital, or video related marketing materials and communications that support the brand strategy.
This is a hybrid role in Van Nuys, CA.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Designing/ producing and managing projects with high accuracy (including basic die line structures, logo design, typography, color studies, photo retouching, preparing files to printer/ vendor, etc.)
- Develop, design and execute all print related marketing materials as briefed
- Assists in photoshoot art direction and scheduling, and image retouching
- Lead junior designers on the team as assigned to develop and design visual communication materials that support the brand strategy and external vendors
- Consistently research, identify and share current industry design trends and competitive reviews as they relate to the brand
- Prepares prototypes and designs for brand presentations
- Write engaging and persuasive headlines, product descriptions and collateral for all consumer communications
- Contribute to the development of compelling copy that differentiates the consumer brand and stays true to the brand voice and attributes: Modern, Clever and Innovative.
Graphic Designer Qualifications:
- BS/BA or Associates Degree in Graphic Design/Commercial Art and/or minimum 3+ years related work experience in graphic design across digital, trade and brand.
- Experience working with packaging engineers for implementation of designs and transfer of visual assets preferred. CPG or in-house experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to design within specific product categories and manage release schedules
- Possess a good design "flair", a broad thinker and able to offer a variety of design solutions 3+ years of copywriting experience in both print and web, with emphasis in CPG branding
- Expertise with Macintosh based graphics programs, specifically Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong knowledge of graphic and print production process
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with limited supervision