HEAD OF DIGITAL PRODUCTION
We are HF. We are a pioneering creative technology and production agency working at the intersection of content design, emerging technology, and immersive storytelling. From strategic consultancy to experiential and social activations, from a single image to integrated global content production, we offer a range of compelling creative services for aspirational consumer and enterprise brands and agencies.
Our award winning content and immersive technology experiences engage audiences around the world in new ways and add value to our brand and agency partners. With the launch of new offices in Amsterdam, Milan and Verona, adding to our London and Portland based operations, this is an exciting time for us. We now seek a Head of Production for our North American Studio in Portland, OR to join a world-class production team that strives to consistently produce best-in-class visual content and experiences.
OUR MISSION: Harness our reputation, creativity, and partnerships, to scale our offering, producing industry leading content solutions for our global clients.
OUR CULTURE: At HF, we value creativity, quality, efficiency, and flexibility. We are solution focused, and value freedom and responsibility as two sides of the same coin.
YOUR ROLE: You are a senior leader of the production team at HF Portland, your role is the day-to-day management of clients’ projects, with pro-active leadership that encourages teams to perform to the best of their ability.
You will be responsible for the overall strategic development of the department and will be able to showcase your experience in managing and delivering new production processes, whilst ensuring that the team's projects stay appropriately resourced, within budget, on schedule while maintaining the highest technical and creative standards.
You will lead the scoping, estimation, resourcing and execution of multiple parallel content production and post-production projects for a diverse range of domestic and international clients across the HF Taxonomy of Services.
LOCATION: Portland, OR Office and remote where/when necessary.
REPORTING: Chief Operating Officer
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Provide operational leadership to our producers and lead creatives across the studio.
- Exercise a strong commercial mindset to deliver consistent marginality across projects whilst meeting and exceeding the expectations of our clients.
- Develop and nurture a strong network of external recruiters, vendors and contractors to augment our in-house team.
- Lead the hiring processes for production roles and resource management across the Portland studio.
- Develop, coach and mentor your team on their roadmaps and goals.
- Act as a strategic, consultative partner who understands target brands and agencies inside out, developing production proposals that lead to continued partnership and success.
- Assist senior commercial team members with the scoping, estimation and closing of projects.
- Regular communication and liaison with external clients at senior level
- Continually monitor the resource requirements of the studio, balancing your team's utilization, morale and skill sets against our current and anticipated project booking pipelines.
- Work alongside the COO and FC to manage production budgets, time sheets and staff utilization.
- Ownership of our production process, with overall responsibility and approval authority over all client-facing production communications and deliveries.
- Where appropriate, and when required from time to time, accompany the commercial team on key sales/networking trips, to initiate and/or develop client relationships.
- Seek to further embed and grow our key account relationships with contracted, retained revenue.
- Work with COO, and other senior leaders from within the international group to consolidate and streamline our workflows to improve visibility and efficiency of our operations.
- Be proactive and conduct targeted research and identify macro & micro trends that align with or should inform our taxonomy of services and optimize our internal and external resource pools to make best use of these market opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with technology and industry trends to ensure that you remain a trusted partner, a source of relevant insight and advice to key internal and external account stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing, validated feedback to the company leadership team regarding client needs, resourcing, team performance and Taxonomy of Services and what that means for our business proposition.
- Full awareness of multi-disciplinary creative content production processes and techniques - including digital platforms and creative technologies
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in related senior production and/or creative studio operational roles.
- Excellent organization skills, experience of using scheduling, project and resource management tools and of managing multiple project simultaneously
- People management and team leadership experience
- A proven approach to problem solving with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Must be able to multitask effectively with strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to effectively communicate and bring forward core qualities of: Integration, Innovation and Inspiration.