Looking for a Manager, Human Resources. Based in the New York Office and reporting to the Executive Director, Human Resources, the HR Manager serves as the HRBP to the US Sales Team (Corporate, Field and Retail) and Canada teams and works closely with the Head of Human Resources in managing HR policies, infrastructure and processes to support the company culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and leverage HR processes and drive key HR initiatives across departments, including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, organizational effectiveness, and employee communication
• Serve as main HR point of contact for the US Sales teams and Canada teams
• Manage the development and implementation of the full cycle recruitment process, including job posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, and selection for business groups. Submit hiring request to Head of HR, GM, and global head of HR for final approval.
• Partner with the Head of Human Resources to support employer branding strategy in market and implementation throughout social media channels
• Partner with HR Assistant to facilitate new hire onboarding and employee offboarding processes
• Support employee engagement initiatives across all employee groups
• Manage the Year-End Annual Social Report, creating reporting and data collection efficiencies where possible
• Manage monthly headcount reporting for the US and Canada
• Attend bi-annual HR Manager’s Meetings
• In partnership with the HR Assistant, manage the maintenance of Talent to ensure data is accurate and up to date including entering new hires into the system and overseeing the maintenance of data changes
• Support annual PCR, ICR and MYR processes in partnership with Head of HR and CODIR. Review ICR spreadsheets and ensure merit increases and bonus payments are accurate. Partner with SSC Payroll team to ensure timely payouts of annual bonuses, merit increases and retro payments. Generate ICR letters and distribute to CODIR.
• Utilize functional expertise to ensure consistent and fair resolution of complex employee relations situations
• With support from Head of HR, conduct investigations involving workplace conflicts or allegations of policy and/or legal violations; work to ensure issues are properly identified, reported, investigated, and resolved. Make recommendations based on assessment of trend and root cause analysis.
• Provide interpretation of Human Resource policies, rules, and processes.
• Support learning initiatives, including content development, material preparation, and/or co-facilitation of trainings on relevant subject matter (i.e. performance management, employment protocols, anti-harassment, etc.)
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure correct application & integration of policies
• Follow investigative protocols
• Maintain and protect confidential data with great discretion, judgment, and professionalism.
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll log tracking all special and supplemental payments including final pay, bonuses, short-term disability/salary continuance and severance. Partner with US and Canada Payroll Administrators to ensure timely processing of payments.
• Process all necessary changes for the US population via Ultipro, including the facilitation of the electronic onboarding process & E-verify
• Process all necessary employee data and payroll changes for the Canada population via ADP
• Oversee both weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing and bonus payouts for both US & Canadian regular employee & Selling Specialist populations. Ensure teams are approving and monitoring Selling Specialist hours each week.
• Calculate and process any weekly retail bonuses or quarterly field bonuses owed
• Maintain data integrity within Ultipro for the US population
• Maintain and manage the Ultipro Time & Attendance system for both the regular employee & selling specialist populations
• Partner with the Shared Services Payroll team for year-end fringe benefit reporting
• Complete all unemployment claims in Equifax
• Submit for processing all reclass hours and tax credits related to COVID-19 provisions for both US and Canada (As outlined in the CARES Act and FFCRA in the US and Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy in Canada)
• Process all benefit enrollments and changes via the Benefits portal ensuring all necessary documentation is provided and stored within the portal
• Manage all aspects of the Open Enrollment period including conducting calls & meetings with the eligible populations to inform on process & plan updates, auditing enrollments and meeting approval deadlines
• Perform monthly audits of part-time employees to monitor hours worked and determine benefit eligibility based on Safe Harbor Reporting from the SSC HRIS team
• Partner with the Benefits Team and Empyrean to troubleshoot employee benefit issues
• Serve as primary contact in managing employee leaves of absence. Partner with the third party leave administrator, Lincoln Financial, to report, track and manage short-term disability & FMLA claims. Work with the Payroll Team to process leave payments accordingly.
• Report and track all worker’s compensation claims with Sedgwick
• Serve as the main resource for all benefit-related employee questions
LEGAL & COMPANY POLICY COMPLIANCE:
• Interpret and enforce company policies and procedures. Create new and/or amend existing policies and procedures to best fit business needs
• Ensure all labor and workforce postings required both federally and locally are up to date and in place
• Serve as the point of contact for any company-wide internal or external auditing
• Serve as a point of contact for legal compliance with all external legal counsel including the internal employment counsel
• At least 5 years’ human resources experience
• Strong understanding of federal & state-specific employment law
• Attention to detail & highly organized
• Ability to prioritize and follow-up
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service focus
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work across all levels & cross-functionally
• Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts
• Bachelor’s Degree required in HR or related field, Master’s degree in Human Resources a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook